Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Road Bike

The address of Edoardo Bianchi’s first workshop in Milan was 7 Via Nirone. This is a responsive and rigid frame in triple-butted 6061-series aluminum throughout with hydroformed sections to ensure the highest standards of design and performance.

Available with Sora Compact, Sora Triple, and 2300 Triple.

Submitted by Flbikejunkie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable, more upright position

Weaknesses:    Not for racing

Bottom Line:
Bought the frameset on EBay and built the bike myself. Pleasantly surprised at how well it rides. The only other aluminum frame I have ridden was an older cannondale which was stiff, stiff, STIFF. That's fine for racing which I was doing when I bought it years ago. Now that I am older and the stiffness now resides in my body, I was interested in a more comfortable bike. The Bianchi fits the bill perfectly. The taller head tube allows for a more upright riding position, again good for the aging body. The hydroformed aluminum frame rides much more comfortable than a full race bike. Bumps are not immediately transmitted to the back. Very stable and fast with my Ultegra group build

Favorite Ride:   Captiva

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale R400, cannondale super six, Bianchi Campione steel, Tommasso T1 titanium

Bike Setup:   Full 10 speed Ultegra, shimano RS10 wheels, FSA carbon seat post

Submitted by jmitro a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2011

Strengths:    Strong frame; comfortable and stable geometry; good componentry; beautiful appearance; durable performance at a good value

Weaknesses:    relatively heavy frame and components (which is expected given the price range)

Bottom Line:
This is my first real road bike after getting back into cycling at age 39, so I don't have a lot of comparison, but I love this bike. Shimano 105 components work well. Wheelset was replaced with Mavic Aksiums, and the Selle San Marco saddle is not the most comfortable for me, but overall it's a stable, comfortable yet racy bike. It's not the lightest bike, but works very well for helping me get back into shape; and it looks good in the traditional Celeste.

Purchased At:   The Bicycle Store -