BikeHard CarboLite FSA Ultegra Special Edition Road Bike

• FSA component package

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Jake a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
    This Bike has definitely harnessed the combination of performance and value for money. I researched this purchase for about a week to 2 and came to the conclusion that there was no bike with this spec for this value. Very happy customer!

Purchased At:   CycleFastUSA

Submitted by betabiker a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2006

Strengths:    Cheap kicks. Supportive frame and stable even at high speeds. Shifts easily. Quality paint.

Weaknesses:    Seat is pretty hard. I traded it out for a more comfortable one. Then again, when you ride 80+ miles a week, you can never have a comfortable enough seat.

Bottom Line:
    Really pleased with the bike. It has a light frame, solid construction, rides great, and didn't break the bank. Exceeded my expectations, and makes me want to keep ride that much more. Its held up really well, and I can see myself riding it for a lot more years.

Favorite Ride:   Muddy River Bikepath in Boston

Purchased At:   bicyclebuys.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek 5200

Bike Setup:   Ultrega setup, BikeHard frame, FSA wheels

Submitted by air1 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2006

Strengths:    Very fast, Ultegra 10 speed is awesome, light. Favorite color is blue, so it goes well with my jerseys, and quite frankly, most of my clothing.
    Most important strength: my drunk fraternity brothers fell on it a couple times, frame still held up. I'm always concerned about carbon but so far so good.

Weaknesses:    had to have it built at my local shop, cuase it came in a box. Wheels (according to my mechanic) are a pain to true cuase the nipples are inside the rim. my first fall scuffed up the left shifter.

Bottom Line:
    My first 2 years of college I was riding around on my fathers old steal Basso (a gap I think, but the paint job was wrecked a while back). Fed up with the tank, I started looking around for something that would be lighter for all the hills.
    Somewhere along the search I stumbled on this Bikehard with an Ultegra build. Tried comparing it to other bikes in local shops both at home and at school and every time I looked at bikes in the 1400-1700 price range either I was looking at a crazy parts mix or a full aluminum frame with house brand components on it. In the end, since I’d ordered some parts for my mountain bike from them I ordered the FSA Bikehard from bicyclebuys.com.
    Overall I’d say the bike rides great, but of course I’m comparing it to a steal Italian frame (and of course the dozen other bikes I’ve test rode). Fast, very solid, and its light… way light. I’m 5’11, wiegh 160, and on the first ride crosswind pushed me into a pothole and I flipped over. Hurt so much I still remember it.

Favorite Ride:   Upper front street onto offshoots (city of binghamton)

Purchased At:   Bicyclebuys.com

Similar Products Used:   Basso with old campy. (Test drove Treks, fujis, raleighs, specialized, etc.)

Bike Setup:   ultegra 10 speed components, and everything else is FSA.