Blue Competition Cycles AC1SL Road Bike

* Aerus Conquest T1000/T800 high modulus carbon * SFT2 Super Flow Tube Tech: Tube cross-sections oriented to the direction the wind flows across bike (down tube, fork and seat stays) * Aerus Conquest C4SFT carbon aero road fork with carbon dropouts 380g * FSA Orbit 1 1/8" integrated headset included * Micro adjust front deraileur hanger for superior shifting * BB30 bottom bracket * Available in XS, SM, MD, ML, LG, XL

Submitted by tarboon a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, Fast, Smooth power delivery and responsive

Weaknesses:    Yet to find out

Bottom Line:
I was initially taken by surprise at the smoothness of the bike, this is most likely my first experience with BB30 and the sram red crank.

The bike was indeed fast and responsive. The Blue frame is stiff. The power transmission during climbing becomes easier. The speed of the bike is limited to my leg power. The bike feels nimble and at higher speed and seem to melt away leaving the rider. As for corners, it performs pretty well. Ride is comfy enough for me.

As for dura-ace, it does what it promised without fail.

Overall, I am happy with the setup. It is easier for me to keep up with the pack.

The machine has almost close to perfection, this leaves the man to train himself.

Favorite Ride:   Blue AC1SL

Purchased At:   togoparts & Entro(pa

Similar Products Used:   Orca 2009

Bike Setup:   Blue AC1SL frame, SRAM Red crank, Dura-ace brakes and shifters, Reynolds DV46T

Submitted by Fritz Taylor a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2010

Strengths:    Fast aero frame. Beautiful finish.

Weaknesses:    SRAM Red is very mechanical. TRP brakes use a difficult quick release.

Bottom Line:
Just got my AC1 SL about 3 weeks ago and I love it. Its fast! I am riding 1-2 mph faster than my previous ride (Merckx SC1) on the flats and absolutley faster climbing and descending. The only place where my Merckx beats my Blue is in handling. (The Merckx corners like a dream...)

I've had 3 other carbon bikes along with my Merckx (which I've had for 8 years)...and it feels like the Blue transfers power forward better than any bike I've ridden. It accelerates extremely fast. In addition, I find it to be a stable, reassuring ride...even if it doesn't feel as nimble as my Merckx.

The finish and all the Blue components seem to be made extremely well. I love the look of the carbon on the black sections of the bike.

I only have 2 complaints so far: one is SRAM Red which I find to be very "mechanical feeling" and loud compared to either Campy or Shimano. I love the look of SRAM and I love the ergo shifters...but I really haven't yet found the secret to shifting smoothly. The second complaint would be the quick release mechanism on the TRP brakes. Its just enough more difficult than Shimano/Campy to make it a pain in the butt.

Overall, I love the AC1 SL. I do a lot of competitive group rides and races and find myself now accelerating past guys who had been beating my previously.

Favorite Ride:   Weekly group ride

Purchased At:   Local Shop

Bike Setup:   Sram Red. ROL Race SL Wheels. Blue components elsewhere (love the wing bars!)