Blue Competition Cycles Nx7 Road Bike

Blue Competition Cycles Nx7 Ultegra

Submitted by Michael Atkins a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2008

Strengths:    light, stiff, responsive, great handling

Weaknesses:    trek fans are skeptical because Lance Armstrong doesn't use it

Bottom Line:
I have been riding this NX7 for about a year and it still feels like it is right out of the box. It is very responsive to even the smallest acceleration and handles like a dream. It rides incredibly smooth and is comfortable on long rides. I used to ride a trek 2200 and I am from now on only using Blue

Favorite Ride:   Blue NX7

Purchased At:   Paragon Cycling

Similar Products Used:   Trek 2200

Bike Setup:   dura ace compact, Bontrager race-lite wheels, continental gt 4000 tires

Submitted by Arnaldo a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2008

Strengths:    Rapida,liviana,bien disenada

Weaknesses:    NINGUNA QUEJA

Bottom Line:
Mi bicicleta es una BlueNX y es una maravilla.
Lo mas que me ha impresionado es la capacidad de absorver
las vibraciones y las manivelas compactas (50:34) te mantienen
con el grupo y no te fatigas en exceso.
Subiendo cuestas no tiene comparacion.
Mi Blue esta montada en Campagnolo Chorus con Aros Fulcrum 1.
La recomiendo 100%.

Favorite Ride:   Mi carrera preferida es aquella que tengamos que probar todas nuestras habilidades y esfuerzo

Purchased At:   Chevys Pro Cycling

Submitted by larva90 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable yet racy geometry. Top quality craftsmanship. Components are top of the line (DA groupo, AC 420 wheels, carbon everything). Good-looking paint.

Weaknesses:    People who ride Treks ask too many questions about Blue. Wonder why I would ride a bike not endorsed by Lance Armstrong.

Bottom Line:
I got a 58cm frame with a factory DA build, which came with American Classic 420 wheels. With pedals, it is about 16.5 pounds. I am 6'0 and weigh 157. The bike rides like its on glass. Some might call it twitchy or jittery. I would say that it is ultra-responsive to input. My other bike is a Specialized Rubaix and the difference in reaction is quite noticeable. I have ridden this bike 70 miles at a time and it remains quite comfortable. But don't think that it is a comfort bike. It is all business and made for racing. It leaps forward when I stomp on the gas. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   dealer

Similar Products Used:   2005 Specialized Rubaix (carbon with Ultegra)
2004 Giant OCR 3

Submitted by pgroblewski a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2008

Strengths:    Very lightweight and responsive out of the saddle. Quick acceleration. Great looking paint job.

Weaknesses:    Blue's 2008 lineup no longer includes the carbon w/aluminum lugged frame like the NX7- if you can't find a 2007, you just may have to go with the new, 2008 RC7

Bottom Line:
I just finished building my new Blue NX7 up with full Dura-Ace, Rolf Vigor wheels, and all Aerus components. After taking it out for only a few rides I am amazed at how quick and snappy it feels, especially when sprinting out of the saddle. Given that the retail price of this frame/fork is only $1300, this bike will definitely give you some bang for your buck. Overall, I am very pleased with my recent purchase of the NX7 and I can't wait to race on it.

Purchased At:   na

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Tarmac Pro, Specialized S-Works E-5 Alloy

Bike Setup:   Full Dura-Ace, Rolf wheels, Aerus components

Submitted by LuckyDog a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2007

Strengths:    Great value, light weight, responsive, looks great, unique bike you don't see on every group ride.

Weaknesses:    My mtb buddies make fun of my skinny tires but they're just jealous other than that can't seem to pin-point any drawbacks.

Bottom Line:
While I have only had this bike for a short time, I have to say I can find nothing to complain about. Coming from a mtb background, I started doing Xterra tri's which led to an on road sprint tri last year. I was able to get by on the bike with a converted hardtail mtb with skinnies on it but it got me lusting a full-out roadie.

Being made locally (in Norcross, GA) Blue attracted my interest but I did some time shopping around. Blue seemed to offer a strong combo of technology and value right off of the shelf but finding a lightly used model on eBay sealed the deal and I have NOT been disappointed. This bike just flies down the pavement!

Having been used to having to hammer a mtb up GA mountains, spinning on the Nx7 feels next to effortless and the carbon frame and fork just soak up any rough spots but put the hammer down and she responds immediately. Still a singletrack junkie but I see myself spending more time on the road in the coming months and I am expecting a much faster bike split in my next tri. I'll be sure to post a follow up in a few months.

Purchased At:   eBay