BMC Granfondo GF02 Road Bike

• Triple butted aluminium
  • Compliancefork, pure carbon, with TCC

Submitted by KonaMan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2016

Strengths:    Super comfortable ride out of the box. Didn't really take much tweaking or customization on the fit to dial this bike in, which considering the things we had to change out when testing the Pinarello Gan and Rok (for comparison), was nice to consider. Smooth at cruising speed, quick to respond to accelerations.

Weaknesses:    For some riders, the industrial look of the BMC might be a little bit of a turnoff, but the ride and fit more than make up for that. For me, there really isn't much in the weakness department.

Bottom Line:
Slowly getting back into riding again after focusing on running exclusively the last several years. I wanted a bike that was comfortable, fit me well, and would be more of a long term investment for me. I tested the Pinarello Gan, Rok, Specialized Roubaix, and for S&G... the Parlee w/Di2. I also ran it alongside the GF01 w/disk (and 105). I could have saved $$$ and gone with the Specialized, but I felt that if I did that, I might as well save a lot, refit my bike and upgrade some components along the way. The Parlee was just too $$$, but was super sweet in testing. It was also easy to nix the GF01, the 105 shifting was not nearly as smooth and that was a main objective with the upgrade. Did my first ride on it this weekend and considering that I don't have my cycling fitness I didn't feel fatigued on the ride. Well worth the investment.

As an older (almost 50) cyclist, it's all about comfort but I still want something that I can crank it up a notch if I want to. This is definitely the right bike for me.

Contests