BMC Team Machine SLR02 Road Bike

• 3T Ergosum Pro
  • Fizik Arione R7 Manganese

Submitted by Stephen a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2015

Strengths:    Climbing, flats, descending, quick accelerations

Weaknesses:    N/A

Bottom Line:
My reviews of 2015 Team Machine BMC SLR02

I have ridden just about everything out there. This bike is a fantastic blend of aero, climbing and descending. Over 19+ mph it almost pedals itself. I have never been a fast descender but this thing flies down a mountain. It also handles very will and the geometry is perfect. Not to aggressive not to neutral just perfect. The huge downtube and BB area make it super stiff. When you put the power down it goes. It actually tried to jump out from under me a few times. I don't feel all the road vibration like I did when riding the Specialized Tarmac Expert. For the price point it's a very great deal. If you were fortunate like me to have a bike with Di2 put that on the Team Machine SLR02 and you have a bike that weighs right at 16 lbs. If you are looking for an affordable ride this would be it. I was not a big fan of the 105 components and heavy wheels on stock build so be prepared to upgrade to save on the weight. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new ride. This bike has exceeded all my expectations.
I forgot to mention not a ton of people have them so it's good to be one of a kind.

Favorite Ride:   BMC Team Machine SLR02

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Tarmac Expert

Bike Setup:   Easton EC90 SL 40mm and 58mm carbon, Ultegra Di2 11 Speed, Stock stem 100mm and stock bars

Submitted by Ricardo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2014

Strengths:    Climbing, sprinting, overall confort, lightness for money. Very footed

Weaknesses:    Doesn't like heavy impact that much. Nothing else

Bottom Line:
I did my first 80km on the bike on a well known course so I had a term of comparison with my previous bike, a 2010 Giant TCR Advanced. I bought the 105 setup but changed everything from the Giant to the BCM. I'm using Sram Force, Durace C24 wheels, Rotor Agilis Crank, and a 3t cockpit. The bike is weighting around 6,8kg. Manage to shave 300g from the Giant.

Now for the test ride. On the road it as a very natural riding position and it feels very direct from the pedals to the back wheel, this makes it a very good climber. When you puch it it will go, better than the Giant, feels more alive.

Its very confortable on the road but it doesn't stand medium to large impacts as well as the Giant. Its nimbler but because of its shorter wheel base its not as stable on high speed descents as the Giant. But still very good.

I can say that is an evolution of the Giant, both bikes are very much alike but the BMC feels more updated and more alive.
But are both great bikes to ride.

Purchased At:   Movefree