Cannondale CAAD10 Road Bike

4.59/5 (32 Reviews)

Performance to the Power of X. The new CAAD10 is the world's most advanced aluminum road frame. At just 1150 grams for a 56 cm frame, the CAAD10 is lighter, stiffer and smoother than most of our competitors' elite carbon frames. 1)SUPERLIGHT CAAD10 FORK. Housed in our externally machined, tapered head tube, the 390 gram, 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" tapered carbon steerer fork features offset dropouts, allowing more fork angle for vertical compliance without affecting the razor-sharp handling. 2) SAVE REAR STAYS: Comfort meets acceleration. Rear stays are shaped and butted to allow them to flex vertically but stay extremely stiff laterally. Wide seat stay spacing at top tube junction also improves lateral stiffness. 3) OPTIMIZED TOP TUBE For maximum torsional rigidity, the massive, horizontally ovalized top tube measures a huge 47.5x42 mm where it meets the head tube, narrows through the middle for knee clearance, then widens again to meet the seat stays.

Submitted by james

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2016

Strengths:    Yep, it is light and stiff. It corners very well. Shimano 105 performs awesome. The LBS cannondale dealers must have the patience of saints.

Weaknesses:    The Shimano RS11 wheels are basically $150 specials, the Prologo saddle is junk unless you like sitting on cinderblock. There is nothing about the re-working of the tube set to be less bone-jarring than every other alloy POS, so don't fall for that one. The tires are done in 6 weeks, total crap. The absolute worst thing about this bike is BB30. Cannondale ought to be ashamed of themselves for that. My Caad 10is about 15 months old and I am on my 4th BB. You may get 6-8 good weeks until the ticking begins. For the kind of $$ you will spend on this you can get something with a nice carbon post at least. Also Cannondale is too cheap to even give 105 brakes, aftermarket crap instead. And all because of BB30 you cant get it with Shimano's wonderful crankset. I wish I had gotten a Giant. This is at least my 4th Cannondale, I have never been this disappointed in a bike in the many years I have been riding, 30 years or so. After going to my dealer a few times I tried calling the company. The rep directs you right back to the dealer. Nope, your pretty much on your own

Bottom Line:
There are plenty of great bikes out there, and for what you will pay for a CAAD10 105, you can get so much more. In any case, if your prospective new bike is BB30 equipped, look elsewhere. Otherwise you will need to service your BB every time you wash your bike or get caught in the rain. It will be a constant problem all through the life of your bike. Cannondale is not the company it once was either.

Submitted by Matthew

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2016

Strengths:    Affordability is excellent and fantastic quality. Best bang for the buck.

Weaknesses:    Only I can think of is Stock tire's and possibly wheels. (although rs11's make a great training wheel, save your nicer wheels for racing).

Bottom Line:
Sweet and simple, feels good to routinely beat other riders who are using 4-8k dollar bikes in races on my alloy bike and alloy wheelset. Great frame to upgrade the components on.

Submitted by John a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2015

Strengths:    Durability, Stiffness, Finish, Performance, Cornering, Build

Weaknesses:    Little Pricey, BB30 Noise

Bottom Line:
I am a Cat 3 from the mid-Atlantic region and log about 10,000 miles annually on my bike. I chose the CAAD10 as my racing and training bike because of Cannondale's legendarily race oriented geometry, low weight, and overall component package. Let me say this is a great buy because you get all that and more. First, nothing beats a CAAD for racing crits and road races and Cannondale's have a reputation for being the lightest bikes out there so no excuses on the climbs either. Second with this bike is that the Ultegra version has top notch race-able components that won't break the bank. But the most important aspect of buying a Cannondale, Trek, or Specialized the durability of the bike, which you notice after 15,000 miles or so. I had an off brand road bike a year ago that after 18,000 miles, cracked at the bottom bracket shell. I'd venture to say this is much the same with all the other off brand names as well. With the name brands, you don't have that problem, or at least I never have. My last CAAD7 bike I had approximately 20,000 miles on without a problem and I know guys with CAADs that have had 70,000 miles and no structural issues. So bottom line go with Cannondale and you won't regret it.

Purchased At:   Fresh Bikes

Submitted by dave

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2014

Strengths:    I liked this bike from the second I tried it. Best feature: brilliant cornering. I don't really have the power to
get any advantage from the frame stiffness, but it corners like it's on rails. Rides no hands very nicely.
The bar tape sucked and so did the saddle. Have your bikeshop show you how to take apart the bottom bracket and clean it; you will be doing that alot.

All in all, the best thing I have ever bought. I really enjoy it and am very proud of it.

Weaknesses:    few. It sucked when I read the warranty: Cannondale will not stand behind fatigue failure yet boasts about all the fatigue testing they have done. Poor show.

Bottom Line:
good bike, great price.

Submitted by Andrew a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2014

Strengths:    Frame stiffness, full SRAM Force spec, overall weight

Weaknesses:    Stock saddle, no stock carbon seat post, stock cables & housing, paint scheme (subjective)

Bottom Line:
PROS: The frame has extremely efficient power transfer and is remarkably light for any racing frame, let alone aluminum. the 2013 CAAD 10 2 comes with a full SRAM Force spec which, in my opinion, is the best road groupset when taking into account price and performance. The bike stock is extremely light for the price (around 16 lbs w/o pedals)

CONS: The stock Prologo saddle did not work well with me. It would have been a nice and inexpensive touch for Cannondale to include a carbon seatpost, especially because the bike is aluminum. The stock cables and housing are pretty awful and have a lot of friction. I also did not really like either of the paint schemes, but that is more of a subjective opinion than a fact. Also, compared to my previous carbon bike the ride quality is noticeably rougher, but that is just an inherent property of aluminum.

OVERALL: The CAAD 10 is an excellent bike for a performance-conscious enthusiast, all the way up to a mid level racer. Around this 2000-3000 price point, it is impossible to find a carbon bike that will outperform this frame in any way besides ride quality.