Cannondale CAAD10 Road Bike

4.53/5 (34 Reviews)

Performance to the Power of X. The new CAAD10 is the world's most advanced aluminum road frame. At just 1150 grams for a 56 cm frame, the CAAD10 is lighter, stiffer and smoother than most of our competitors' elite carbon frames. 1)SUPERLIGHT CAAD10 FORK. Housed in our externally machined, tapered head tube, the 390 gram, 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" tapered carbon steerer fork features offset dropouts, allowing more fork angle for vertical compliance without affecting the razor-sharp handling. 2) SAVE REAR STAYS: Comfort meets acceleration. Rear stays are shaped and butted to allow them to flex vertically but stay extremely stiff laterally. Wide seat stay spacing at top tube junction also improves lateral stiffness. 3) OPTIMIZED TOP TUBE For maximum torsional rigidity, the massive, horizontally ovalized top tube measures a huge 47.5x42 mm where it meets the head tube, narrows through the middle for knee clearance, then widens again to meet the seat stays.

Submitted by terbennett a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2016

Strengths:    Corners like it's on rails and accelerates like a bat out of hell and is really comfortable. I also have a 2014 Cannondale Hi-Mod Evo and I can't tell the difference.

Weaknesses:    Original Mavic Yksions wore out fast and rear brake cable has internal routing that sucks. I have already replaced it ones do to the poor design of the hole going into the frame. Now I have to do it again. Pre-2014 CAADs don't have the internal routed cable so they won't have the issue.

Bottom Line:
Cannondale did their homework when they designed this one. It's everything the magazine reviewers tell you. Amazing bike. I have had it 21 months (and 12,000 miles) with no issues. I kinda cringed at having BB30 after hearing the horror stories about creaking. It was lighter than Dura Ace crank so I took a chance. Surprisingly, I haven't had one issue with it yet, despite doing nine crit races this past season on it and several centuries. I ride this more than I ride my Hi-Mod
Evo. I also have a Felt F1 and I love the CAAD more. I don't know about lower spec CAADs but this one has been a dream to ride. It will assembled very well. Previous reviewer complained about ride comfort.

FYI, the 105 is a screaming deal. The issue is that it was budget spec'd. You're talking about a $1500-1600 bike with a $1,000 frameset. 105 is awesome and they put 105 where it mattered most. Many manufacturers go this route to save money Don't like BB30? Buy a Praxxis adapter and run Shimano crankset. The one on your CAAD10 105 is lighter. Want better brakes? Swap out your pads for some Kool Stops. You'll have braking that is better than 105 brakes. Ride quality? It's not the frame. It's the wheels and tires. Upgrade the wheels. Out of your budget? Buy a set of Ksyrium SLs and use some quality tires. I've seen used sets of Ksyrium SLs on Craigslist in really good condition for $300-350 and they are sub 1500 grams. Want new? Try Neugentcycling or Boyd wheels for a high quality set of wheels that won't break the bank. never used Boyds but many riders swear by them. I have used wheels from John Neugent and they were great, plus his customer service is second to none. Still not convinced your CAAD is a great bike? Pro rider,Cameron Wurf, actually told me that I should buy the CAAD10 105. He said it was the best value in race bikes out there and it can hold. He didn't know that I had just purchased my Dura Ace equipped CAAD 10

Favorite Ride:   Every ride

Purchased At:   Incycle Rancho Cucam

Similar Products Used:   Felt F1, Felt F75, Cannondale Super Six Evo Hi Mod

Bike Setup:   2015 Cannondale CAAD10 Incycle Team Issue (bought new February 2015): Shimano Dura Ace 9000 group (shifters, derailleurs, brakes, chain with Ultegra cassette) with Si Hollowgram crankset, Fizik Arione saddle, Cannondale C1 cockpit, Ksyrium Elite S wheels (Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimates for race day)

Submitted by Adam

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2016

Strengths:    Higher level components and wheel than comparable options.

Weaknesses:    The Cannondale frame warranty is a myth.

Bottom Line:
I enjoyed my Canondale CAAD10 for 4 years, but after recently discovering a dent in the seat stay I went through a dealer to investigate the Cannondale Lifetime Frame Warranty. As it turns out, though, Cannondale must view their frames to have a 4 year lifespan because they denied my claim citing the bike's age, that "seat stays don't bend themselves," and that if it had been a frame defect it would have been caught by the production team or the bike shop.

So, consider your MSRP $3000+ purchase as a disposable bike. If you have that kind of cash, go for it. I sure don't...

Submitted by james

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2016

Strengths:    Yep, it is light and stiff. It corners very well. Shimano 105 performs awesome. The LBS cannondale dealers must have the patience of saints.

Weaknesses:    The Shimano RS11 wheels are basically $150 specials, the Prologo saddle is junk unless you like sitting on cinderblock. There is nothing about the re-working of the tube set to be less bone-jarring than every other alloy POS, so don't fall for that one. The tires are done in 6 weeks, total crap. The absolute worst thing about this bike is BB30. Cannondale ought to be ashamed of themselves for that. My Caad 10is about 15 months old and I am on my 4th BB. You may get 6-8 good weeks until the ticking begins. For the kind of $$ you will spend on this you can get something with a nice carbon post at least. Also Cannondale is too cheap to even give 105 brakes, aftermarket crap instead. And all because of BB30 you cant get it with Shimano's wonderful crankset. I wish I had gotten a Giant. This is at least my 4th Cannondale, I have never been this disappointed in a bike in the many years I have been riding, 30 years or so. After going to my dealer a few times I tried calling the company. The rep directs you right back to the dealer. Nope, your pretty much on your own

Bottom Line:
There are plenty of great bikes out there, and for what you will pay for a CAAD10 105, you can get so much more. In any case, if your prospective new bike is BB30 equipped, look elsewhere. Otherwise you will need to service your BB every time you wash your bike or get caught in the rain. It will be a constant problem all through the life of your bike. Cannondale is not the company it once was either.

Submitted by Matthew

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2016

Strengths:    Affordability is excellent and fantastic quality. Best bang for the buck.

Weaknesses:    Only I can think of is Stock tire's and possibly wheels. (although rs11's make a great training wheel, save your nicer wheels for racing).

Bottom Line:
Sweet and simple, feels good to routinely beat other riders who are using 4-8k dollar bikes in races on my alloy bike and alloy wheelset. Great frame to upgrade the components on.

Submitted by John a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2015

Strengths:    Durability, Stiffness, Finish, Performance, Cornering, Build

Weaknesses:    Little Pricey, BB30 Noise

Bottom Line:
I am a Cat 3 from the mid-Atlantic region and log about 10,000 miles annually on my bike. I chose the CAAD10 as my racing and training bike because of Cannondale's legendarily race oriented geometry, low weight, and overall component package. Let me say this is a great buy because you get all that and more. First, nothing beats a CAAD for racing crits and road races and Cannondale's have a reputation for being the lightest bikes out there so no excuses on the climbs either. Second with this bike is that the Ultegra version has top notch race-able components that won't break the bank. But the most important aspect of buying a Cannondale, Trek, or Specialized the durability of the bike, which you notice after 15,000 miles or so. I had an off brand road bike a year ago that after 18,000 miles, cracked at the bottom bracket shell. I'd venture to say this is much the same with all the other off brand names as well. With the name brands, you don't have that problem, or at least I never have. My last CAAD7 bike I had approximately 20,000 miles on without a problem and I know guys with CAADs that have had 70,000 miles and no structural issues. So bottom line go with Cannondale and you won't regret it.

Purchased At:   Fresh Bikes