Cannondale R3000 Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Continental Grand Prix 3000 kevlar

Submitted by Doug Arent a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2010

Strengths:    I rode 140 miles from 29 Palms, CA to State Line Nevada in one day, followed by a 70 ride from State Line to Vegas the following day and the R3000 was extremely comfortable. Rode Palomar Mountain, 12 mile climb at 8 percent grade, and nobody could keep up with me; a true testament to this quality machine and not my skills, which are average at best.

Weaknesses:    I'm the weakness; I'll never ride this bike to its full potential.

Bottom Line:
Most comfortable and best performing bike I've owned.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere in SoCal

Purchased At:   SuperGo/Performance

Bike Setup:   DuraAce all around and an Italia seat. Hit a curb head on after rubbing the wheel of a rider in front of me @ 20 MPH on a long ride from Santa Barbara to Oceanside. I thought for sure the rims and bike were damaged, but the rims are still as true as the day I purchased the bike many thousands of miles ago. I love this bike and have had no desire to purchase another.

Submitted by Paul Soles a Commuter

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2009

Strengths:    Very quick for a bike. It is weighs next to nothing compared to my older chrome moly Paramount. It is not all too rigid or too plyable, it is just right.

Weaknesses:    sometimes I wish I had a triple, living in Oregon. Otherwise, none I have come across yet.

Bottom Line:
Out of the three bikes I have owned/own, it is my favorite. It is so lite and responsive. It returned to me the love of cycling.
I bought it as a frame and fork and built it up.

Favorite Ride:   MS Bike Tour

Purchased At:   Lakeside Bikes In La

Similar Products Used:   I had an old Trek 2300 and my R3000 is a far superior bike.

Bike Setup:   Built up with so many items I can not list them now.

Submitted by jimijoe43 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2008

Strengths:    Quick.
Responsive.
Dependable.

Weaknesses:    Totally impossible to to keep speed down to the 16 mph B ride pace.
2 Cannondale stickers would have been enough for this bike. 12 is too many. You can see what kind of bike it is laying underneith it for christ sake!

Bottom Line:
This bike is top quality all the way. Comfortable ride, great climber, quick off the line or in a sprint, handles well in all cornering situations and weather conditions, shifts clean, brakes well.

Favorite Ride:   "Ride in the Heartland"

Purchased At:   Guy's Bicycles

Bike Setup:   54cm CAAD8 all alluminum frame
dura-ace everything
Rolf apex wheels
Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp tires

Submitted by perez343 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2007

Strengths:    the only bikes that climb better than this bike are the full carbon fibre bikes but you will pay way more for that.there are better sprinting bikes but you will pay for that as well.but all around for climbing and sprinting this is the best.you just cant beat it for the price with the performance you get.the bright blue color is a outstanding color.

Weaknesses:    you have to know what kind of rider you are.this might not be the best climbing bike for a climber.so you have to know your weaknesses and strenghts.but if you want the best of both worlds,this is it

Bottom Line:
very responsive bike that handles very well.never had any problems with the bike as it is reliable as hell.great for climbing and sprinting.although i consider myself more of a pressure rider(never sprints just puts on a high tempo on flat or climbing roads)for the price of this one compared to a $2000.00 and up bike its a steal.considering they ride and feel the same.

Favorite Ride:   azuza mountains