Cannondale Six13 Pro Road Bike

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

The Six13 Pro integrates a carbon fiber down tube, placing both light-weight stiffness and road vibration damping in the most critical performance region of the bike. The Pro also utilizes boron near the head tube to provide simultaneous strength and weight-loss.
  • Frame Six13 Pro
  • Fork Slice Premium

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Masterbowman

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2012

Strengths:    I have had a Cannondale for the last three years and thought I could not better it - just bought a custom built Six13 Saeco "mint" just still drooling and looking at it before frist ride today.

Weaknesses:    With this set up and my pride in having now two Cannondales the only weakness is going to be me.

Bottom Line:
    Looking at my two bikes I cannot believe my luck in owning these bikes.

Submitted by smorpeth@xtra.co.nz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2010

Strengths:    Light,good ride cool colour Black and White.

Weaknesses:    nothing

Bottom Line:
    this bike is the very best of the 8 bikes i have owned. Ive had Trek Fuji Avanti Cannondale cad6 and thi sis just amazing. It floats well it feels like that. If you come accross one of these BUY IT.
    Great Bike

Favorite Ride:   six13

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   new zealand

Submitted by Paul a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2008

Strengths:    Everyhing... even paintwork.

Weaknesses:    B-B, bar tape (stock wasn't the best one)

Bottom Line:
    I couldn't possibly be more happy with my Six13. Everything in this bike made my day. It has never seen a mechanic and after almost 2 years of riding and racing it's still in mint condition... well, ok, almost because bottom bracket sometimes reminds me of buying a new one x)

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Cannondale

Similar Products Used:   Trek Madone (frame broke! but looked awesome too), Giant TCR (geometry didn't fit me, good bike though), Merida magnesium (SUX), Author (OMFG, never buy this brand!!!)

Bike Setup:   Stock (Ultegra 2006 setup) except handlebar tape.

Submitted by six13pro a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2007

Strengths:    Pros: fast, light, comfortable, usa handmade frame, nice paint job. Gears, brakes, frame have had no issues and performed great.

Weaknesses:    Cons: doesn’t soak up road bumps as well as full carbon. But the only real problem were the wheels. The wheels (Mavic Kysrium Elites) would not stay true. Almost every ride I had to true them. Maybe they’re not meant for 190lb riders. I eventually took them off and put on some Shimano R550 wheels that I had on my hybrid bike. The elites are supposed to be stiffer and believe me they are. As soon as I put the R550s on, the road bumps and buzz was significantly reduced. It felt like a full carbon bike. However I lost some giddy-up going from the elites to the R550s. But it was a tradeoff that I liked because I didn’t have to true the wheels anymore.
    - Also I didn’t care for the saddle. Not good for the ‘boys’. I switched to a specialized toupe.

If I could do it again:
    - Maybe I would save up a bit more so I could afford the Six13 Team frame to get more of the Carbon cushion. Or to upgrade the wheels from the start.
    - I also would not get the compact crank. Coming from triple gearing on my hybrid I thought it would be needed. But after 1,000 miles I almost never switch to the lower gears and am rarely on steep hills. And I have missed the high gears on flats for speed a few times.

Bottom Line:
    After 1,000 miles I am happy with the bike and would recommend it.

Selection process.
    After an intensive search and testing process I finally settled on the 2006 Cannondale Six13 Pro 2 Compact. Color black, size 58cm for $2040. Purchased in May 2007.

It is my first road bike and wanted something that was fast and comfortable.
    I have a hybrid/flatbar road bike (2004 Marin Mill Valley) that is fine for rides of 15 miles and under. I do use the hybrid bike for an occasional bike commute of 10 miles to work. But I needed something that I could use for longer rides of 20 – 30 miles on Forest Preserve paved bike trails. Oh did I mention I wanted to go faster. Its more fun.

I don’t race and have used the bike just for recreation and exercise. I had planned on doing a longer charity ride but never did. And had even considered a century but I don’t see that happening either. My average ride length is 20 miles and I usually get in about 50-60 miles a week. I’ve put about 1000 miles on the bike this summer. The longest ride I’ve done was about 40 miles. My neck doesn’t like rides over 30 miles.

Fit was an issue. Though I am 6’3”, the 60cm+ bike stretched me out too much. I must have short arms. Anyway the 58s fit better. And since the Cannondales seem to fit a little bit bigger than other frames the Cannondale 58 was the best fit.

Price Paid:    $2040.00

Purchased At:   Kozy, Chi, IL

Similar Products Used:   06 Specialized Tarmac Comp$1800. I almost went with this one. It was $200 less than the Six13. It was more comfortable in terms of soaking up road bumps than the Six13. It is full carbon which was a plus. It was a little heavier than the Six13. And it was a grade lower in components. Aksium instead of Elites. 105 instead of Ultegra. In the end, it was speed, style and the handmade USA frame that put the Six 13 on top. The Six13 has more acceleration and I just liked the look of it a bit more. Luckily this and the Six13 were in stock at the same shop so I could compare them head-to-head.
    06 Felt F4C$2100–From website research this way my favorite. I liked the style, paintjob, full carbon and ultegra. I took it on a couple test rides and it was sluggish compared to the other bikes. And the brakes blew. But I could have lived with that. Not impressed with the ride performance.
    06 Specialized Roubaix Comp $1800. Comfortable but just not aggressive enough geometry.

Bike Setup:   Other contenders:
    06 Trek 5200-$2400. Nice finish and parts but I didn’t like the geometry. And I was admittedly a little prejudice against being another trek rider.
    06 Felt F55 - $1900. Very fast bike. Full Aluminum but nicer parts. In the end I just didn’t want Aluminum. Too harsh.
    05 Giant TCR Limited $1700. Full carbon but just didn’t fit well.
    Frame - Six13 Pro (Carbon downtube, rest AL)
    Wheels - Mavic Kysrium Elites
    Component - Ultegra

Submitted by mhab12 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2007

Strengths:    climbing, handling in general

Weaknesses:    bottom bracket creak

Bottom Line:
    I've really been spoiled by my first road bike. I'm still getting in better and better shape a year after I made the purchase and the bike still wants to go faster, farther, and do more climbing. Aside from a creak that has developed in the bottom bracket I have had no issues at all. The stock Hutchinson tires lasted 1000+ miles until one snagged on some debris a bit. The other is still going.

Favorite Ride:   Mandeville Canyon