Cannondale SuperSix 3 Road Bike

• Hubs: Shimano RS80
  • Tires: Schwalbe Ultremo, 700 x 23c Wht, foldable

Submitted by ham3ham3

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2013

Strengths:    Components Ultegra 6700 allaound except cranks
Responsiveness

Weaknesses:    Wheelset (a tad heavy)

Bottom Line:
I love the bike, It was such an improvement over my previous bike. I bought the bike June 2012. I have put over 2000 miles on it. The following are some of the spec that came with the bike:
Model: Supersix 3 Ultegra
Frame Material: Carbon Fiber (Full Carbon, BB30)
Model Year: 2012
Color: White/Black
Frame Size: 56 cm
Components: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Crank FSA SL-K Carbon BB30 50/34 Compact
Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Equipe
Tires:Schwalbe Durano S
The only thing I am looking at upgrading is the wheelset. The Ksyrium's are a bit heavy and the spokes are not the best for crosswinds.
I bought it for under $3000, I looked at the Trek and Specialized and could not come close in price with the same components and performance.
I was not familiar with the Schwalbe tires; but I have become a fan of them. not a single puncture despite riding in some awfull roads.

Submitted by TiCoyote a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2013

Strengths:    Light, fast, comfortable, CONTROL

Weaknesses:    brakes, saddle (for me)

Bottom Line:
I test rode this bike, and I very nearly bought it. The thing that I noticed the most with this bike was how predictable the bike felt and how in control I felt. It smooths out the road. It's fast. It's light. The shop only had one left, so they offered me a price of $2500.

I noticed a few small price-saving tactics Cannondale used when building this bike. The brakes are Tektro. I don't mind if a few things on an Ultegra bike are 105, and brakes are a relatively unexciting component, but they seem out of place, and I would have replaced them.

The stem and seat post are aluminum. I didn't notice that this adversely affected ride quality, but at this price point, you often see more carbon.

The saddle is a domed saddle, and I prefer a split saddle or something with a channel.

Overall, this is an outstanding bike, and right now shops are selling it at an outstanding price.

I ended up buying a Specialized Tarmac SL3. It just had more of everything. Plus, it felt a little quicker and more responsive. It was also an extra $500.

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Tarmac SL3 Expert.

Bike Setup:   Ultegra

Submitted by Peter Merrion

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2012

Strengths:    light weight, stiff, very responsive, surprisingly aerodynamic

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
This is my first carbon bike and I couldn't be happier. full ultegra gruppo with the exception of the crank which is FSA light. this crank is 100g lighter than the ultegra crank and works perfectly with the other components. this is a 2012 model with RS 80 shimano rims. also upgraded bar to fsa carbon wing. overall excellent value and comfort. Could ride it all day!