Cannondale SuperSix Road Bike

4.89/5 (28 Reviews)

In 2008 Cannondale added a full-carbon model to their "elite road" line-up. The Super Six is Cannondale's first all-carbon made-in-the-US frame. The full monocoque front triangle is co-molded to the rear triangle resulting in high lateral rigidity while maintaining vertical compliance.

Submitted by Biga a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2013

Strengths:    Everything so far.

Weaknesses:    The seat feels weird but maybe I need to get used to it.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike so far compared to my old Fuji Roubaix Pro and the other bikes I test rode. I bought this bike to help me with road vibration and comfort. The Fuji was eating me alive on long rides and something had to be done. I found this bike was much more comfortable the the geometry of the frame fits me like a glove. The stock components are great and should suffice me for years to come.

Purchased At:   Planetary Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Fuji Roubaix Pro

Bike Setup:   Stock Supersix 4 Rival

Submitted by Jon

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2012

Strengths:    Goes where it's pointed. All day comfort. Excellent value out of the box. Good mix of standard parts. Killer paint scheme.

Weaknesses:    None that I have observed.

Bottom Line:
I bought this as an upgrade from a giant defy 1 and cannot be happier with my choice I used this bike on a one week bike trip in August called the Bon Ton Roulette in new York. What an amazing ride. The bike handled and shifted perfectly. Standard mavic ksyrium wheels can really roll on the downhills. The only upgrade I will be exploring would be possibly a different seat. Not for any other reason but seats are relatively cheap and there is always a better seat for my buttocks.

Submitted by Flbikejunkie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2012

Strengths:    Light, fast, and comfortable

Weaknesses:    Should upgrade the Tektro brakes and even though I have had no trouble with the RS10 wheels there are many reports of spoke problems online. I am using the wheels on my Bianchi without trouble.

Bottom Line:
Bought this bike last fall and got extra off for the end of season clearance. Full 105 group which is equivalent to Ultegra 6600 which I have on my Bianchi. I have since upgraded the brakes and the rear dérailleur to Ultegra. I have upgraded the wheels to Vuelta Corsa lite. This bike combines the best features of all my bikes into one. It is comfortable like my titanium and steel bikes. It is stiff and fast when I need to hammer on a fast group ride. It is also the lightest of my bikes. I have ridden a century on the bike and although you're tired at the end, I did not feel all beaten up.

Favorite Ride:   Captiva

Similar Products Used:   Bianchi Via Narone with full Ultegra, Tommaso T1 titanium with 105, Bianchi campione steel with Ultegra, Cannondale R400 with 105/Ultegra mix

Bike Setup:   105 shifters, front dérailleur, Ultegra brakes, rear dérailleur, Vuelta Corsa Lite wheels, FSA BB30 crank

Submitted by Ferdinand Arcinue a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, efficient, comfortable.
Pricepoint and specs are decent. Best value would be the supersix with rival.

Weaknesses:    Short head tube. Cannondale should think about a more sloping compact with a little more headtube length. My saddle to bar drop is about 2 inches, and that's with max spacers.

Bottom Line:
This is my first carbon bike after riding a titanium litespeed for 8 years and a custom steel landshark for 10+ years. I was shocked to feel the difference. Aside from dropping about 5 pounds of weight, the supersix is both stiffer and more comfortable than either my ti or steel bikes. It was really surprising. I've ridden 3 centuries this past summer, and was 100% comfortable on not so smooth roads. More importantly, this bike is so stiff and efficient. No energy wasted, no upshifts on hills, no noticeable flex whatsoever. At the same time, bumps and road chatter are fairly cushioned. This may also be due to my Hed wheels. The bike also feels lively and responsive. Very stable and neutral in the corners and fast downhills too. All in all, this is a great all around bike.

Favorite Ride:   angeles crest highway

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed Siena
Landshark, custom steel

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace
upgrades: Hollowgram crankset and Hed Ardennes SL wheelset

Submitted by Isaac a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2011

Strengths:    Reponsive, frame quality, weight, comfort.

Weaknesses:    I thought a better wheel could have been used from the start. otherwise I knew what I was getting when i signed up for the 105 setup.

Bottom Line:
Love this bike! Went in thinking about a Caad10 or Synapse apex but When Alan brought this bad boy he made me an offer I could not refuse. With July and August still ahead of me i knew it was time to upgrade from m 05 Lemond.

The bike is very responsive even with the basic setup and wheelset. I noticed a difference right away. I was thinking about upgrading from the RS10 that were standard to Mavic Ksyrum or Easton EA50 after riding her a few times. Then i had a little accident and need to replace the wheels. with a little help from American Express and Roy's i now have Rolf Prima Echelon wheels. They are amazing felt a difference right away.

Very happy with this ride and Cannondale offeres many variations based on budget. Cant wait for my first century.

Purchased At:   Roys Bike Shop Brook