Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3 Road Bike

• Frame: Synapse Carbon S.A.V.E BB30
  • Fork: Synapse monocoque full carbon, S.A.V.E.
  • Rims: Shimano RS80 carbon/alloy
  • Tires: Schwalbe Ultremo, 700 x 23c Wht, foldable
  • Chain: Shimano Ultegra 6700

Submitted by steve

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2012

Strengths:    Durable, light. great on bumpy roads...the brakes work great slowing me...gearset shifts effortlessly works....frame absorbs and buffers...

Weaknesses:    chain slips off sometimes in between shifts if you have to come to a dead stop and have not gone through cycle yet. Easy to put back on.

Bottom Line:
I can't say enough about the 2012 Synapse 3 Carbon...wow.....And while to be fair, I left an intermediate Trek to come to this (very different rides)....I previewed Cervello, Trek Madone, Specialized Roubaix and Pinarello...all good bikes in their own right...but being 6'5" and 270 'fit' lbs...the Synapse just fit me well the best. The local bike shop I bought it from took care and measured me great..I have the 61" and boy does it sail! Have been doing 40 milers through the backcountry with ease and after 2 + hrs...the bike feels like it could another 40...I just have to catch up! The same with sprints....it moves.
BUY 1 !

Submitted by Teofilo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2010

Strengths:    Love the frame. It's both stiff for powering and absorbs road bumps wonderfully. I have no bike induced aches or fatigue even when riding centuries.

Weaknesses:    The Ultegra gear is good, but I still prefer Campy.

Bottom Line:
I love the bike and am 100% satisfied with it. It's fast, has excellent acceleration, feels stiff when standing, yet is extremely comfortable. I'm 200 lb and appreciate the oversized bottom bracket.
Cannondale offers significantly better value in componentry vs other brands.
At 6'2" the 58 fits perfectly. The top tube is relatively long.

Favorite Ride:   40 mile fast club ride

Similar Products Used:   Rode the Cervelo RS, Specialized Roubaix Expert, and Pinarello FP3. Previously used a Bianchi Eros.

Bike Setup:   Stock: Ultegra w/DuraAce rear derailleur; Ultegra crank; Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels; Fitted with Look Keo carbon pedals.