Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road Bike

4.72/5 (72 Reviews)

Submitted by Philo99

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2013

Strengths:    Lightweight, and comfortable

Weaknesses:    Wheelset

Bottom Line:
I had read the poor reviews about the wheelset on this bike and then became a victim of it's poor quality. My rear hub locked up after 9 months and caused so much damage to the frame that the bike was no longer ridable.

Cannondale refused to honor their warranty even though the damage was caused by the poor quality of the wheelset they chose.

Submitted by Cody

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2012

Strengths:    Great bike, love it. Have had less than a year but loving what time I put on it and between the mountain bike too. Quite and shifts great. But I also keep up on tunning it up.

Weaknesses:    The wheel set is the biggest downfall to the bike. Have not had any problems with them but there is better. Looking to replace with a set of zipps or ritchey wheels.

Bottom Line:
Before she left the shop I got from I had them take the techro brakes off and install shimano 105s. Much better brakes but a bit heavier, willing to deal with the grams differance.

Submitted by Zombie John a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2012

Strengths:    Fit and finish, frame, smooth ride, good components

Weaknesses:    The wheels are pretty basic but I've never had and trouble with them at all.

Bottom Line:
This was my first road bike so I can't really compare it to anything but I can say that I really like this bike. I did a century on it my first season and had a great time. It's very little maintenance, just keep the chain clean and lubed.

Rides great and gets compliments. I love my Synapse.

Favorite Ride:   Anything scenic

Purchased At:   Chainwheel, Little R

Bike Setup:   Synapse Carbon 6 Apex -- all stock

Submitted by RRam

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2012

Strengths:    Comfort, an all day ride.

Weaknesses:    A bit pricey.

Bottom Line:
Comfortable without sacrificing the get up and go.

Submitted by dkervny a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2012

Strengths:    smooth ride and comfortable cockpit for distance rides

Weaknesses:    not a pedal pounding machine

Bottom Line:
awesome ride. if you like same cushion while maintaining speed and agility, this is the bike. the bowed chainstay really does absorb a lot of the road. it's quick on the turns when it needs to be and doesn't give up too much energy on the climbs. the tubing is oversized and the pictures don't show that well but i have no problems with that.

Coming soon - hottest road bike products from these brands!