Cervelo One Road Bike

Pedals: Unspecified
Tires: Vittoria Rubino Pro

Submitted by Ryan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2011

Strengths:    Feels great on the road. FAST. I look at the bike and I feel faster.. The 105 group is still working fine, even though its 7 years old.

Weaknesses:    I have not found any.

Bottom Line:
Great bike! Have loved it from the day I got it. I have put over 5000 miles on it this season and it has not let me down yet. I replaced the cable and had to adjust the handlebars but other then that shes all good. I have been riding it to work this summer witch is a short distance, and it has put up with the commuting abuse quit well. I have been doing long ride like 100 miles to 150 miles on the weekends and it feel great even at 125 miles in the saddle.

Favorite Ride:   Raymond Loop

Purchased At:   CL

Similar Products Used:   OCR3

Bike Setup:   105 group set, Bontrager Race wheels

Submitted by jkchyo a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2011

Strengths:    Really comfortable, especially for an aluminum frame. Sometimes this bike feels more comfortable than my 5500 carbon Trek. I've seen folks compare this very favorably to lower tier carbon frames, but this frame is as nice as a high tier frame like the 5500.

I'd still be riding this bike if it fit me (a bit large). So impressed I swapped it for a S1 and haven't looked back. Next bike will also be a Cervelo (R5). Great company.

Weaknesses:    Not as stiff as I would have liked, but plenty stiff as a tri bike. I tend to like really stiff frames, and while no where near noodly, it's not as stiff as the Trek (or the S1).

Bottom Line:
Full Dura Ace 7700. Neuvation R28 SL wheels. Set up as a road bike currently but I did a few tri's on it when I first bought it. Tracks very well when set up as a tri bike. "Feels" fast. I have the black with Yellow graphics and this bike looks fantastic.

Favorite Ride:   Barloy Canyon

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo S1

Bike Setup:   Full Dura Ace 7700. Neuvation R28SL wheels. Set up as a road bike.

Submitted by Steve Audsley a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2010

Strengths:    Responsiveness, handling, looks, quickish for an older model.

Weaknesses:    It appears more likely to pick up creaks and groans, especially after riding in the rain.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. I have the gloss finish all black frame with black rims and black bladed spokes for a look that means business. Its responsive, comfortable and handles superbly. Have upgraded many of the components and the bike just gets faster and faster. The alloy smart wall aero frame, although getting on in years, feels better than most of the bottom end carbon frame bikes i've tried. The geometry includes a fairly upright seat post which some suggest suits triathlon riding. I have this one set up as a road racer and it feels very assured in the pack. With several aftermarket carbon components added to this frame and a Mavic SSC wheelset (1535g), the bike comes in at around 8 kg. You'll have to spend some serious bucks to get a new carbon bike that feels stronger and lighter. I haven't heard of any problems with this Cervelo frame, so as a second hand purchase proposition, it should be worth consideration.

Favorite Ride:   Mt Stromlo Canberra

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   used on ebay

Similar Products Used:   Giant OCR1, Cadex CFR carbon, Merida ?

Bike Setup:   Cervelo One frame, cervelo forks, campag mirage groupset(not great), campag record 10sp cassette, FSA Carbon crankset, FSA carbon bars, Ritchie head, stem and seat post, Serfas saddle (not great), Mavic Ksyrium SSC wheelset

Submitted by iceberg a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2004

Strengths:    IF YOU REALLY ARE A BEGINNER (just getting into the sport), THIS BIKE IS FOR YOU--EVEN THE BIG GUYS.
Stiff; quality workmanship on frame that would be worth component upgrades--sorta (see below); moderate seat tube angle make it one of the few tri bikes that can MAYBE make it a pretty comfortable road bike--i mean, as far as tri bikes go.
Most important, this bike makes it easy to ride right: My knees stay tucked, elbows in and back straight!
Plus, Cervelos are just cool!

Weaknesses:    IF YOU ARE JUST NOW READY TO GET A "REAL" BIKE DESPITE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE TRIATHLON, THIS BIKE MAY NOT BE THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK EVEN THOUGH IT'LL STILL WORK.
Because Cervelo applies such radically different tubing profiles to each line of frames, owners are caught in a $$$ dilema when it comes to making modest upgrades over time. You can either put money towards a more aero framset with less advanced components (i.e. pay extra $300 and go from One->Dual but still stuck with 105 & mediocre wheelset), or upgrade parts and have limited aero benefits on less advanced frame. The other option is to pay out the wazoo from jump and get the kick-ass frame with great components.

Again, these are issues that many tri-bike owners face no matter what brand. So I hope I don't make Cervelo sound too bad. They are cool!

Bottom Line:
About me: I'M THE PERSON THAT KNOWS THAT THEY'RE COMMITTED TO TRIATHLON NOW BUT DOESN'T HAVE A LOT OF DOUGH AND STILL ISN'T SURE ABOUT TRI VS. ROAD GEOMETY
Novice clydesdale making first road/tri bike purchase. Didn't want to commit to tri geometry and yet couldn't find compact road frame that I could envision being comfortable enough to convert for occassional tri (this could be accomplished with pro bike fitting, of course). Am ready for and just experienced enough to feel performance + weight difference of various components (i.e. 105 vs. ultegra vs. dura ace) but not the dough to pay for it. Former training/racing bike was 62 cm steel road bike.

Like the professional reviews say, this is a great intro tri bike. It's got a moderate 75 degree seat tube angle that, along with the stem, allows newbie riders to grow into an increasingly aggressive aero position. Although heavier than carbon the aluminum Profile Split Second aerobars offer a huge range of sizing adjustments to get a perfect fit. They're also set on traditional road handlebars which make it easy to switch over to road riding in the off-season. The aero profile of the down tube also make the frame nice and stiff and is worth component upgrades in the future.

As good as this may sound, these weren't the traits that influenced me to buy this bike--the price was. If I had more money or more time to save I would've either gotten the Specialized Allez Comp (advantage: Ultegra groupo, much better wheel set and even carbon components on a bike that A LOT of roadies race on, compact geometry that lends itself to occasional tri set up better than many roadsters) or the Cervelo Dual (advantage: more aero frameset & adjustable seat post on similar 75degree geometry--but same crappy 105 set-up).

But this was what I could afford and it's working well for me! The saddle sucks (but that's almost always the case!), i'm no fan of 105 and the wheels will be one of the first things to go at the end of this season. But these are things that all cyclists go through no matter what they buy. And afterall, it's not about the bike, right?

So far I've only trained on the One and will race on it for first time in 2-3 weeks. Getting used to the harsh ride of aluminum is tough, especailly since I weigh in at over 200 #. The wheels have been holding up though and I was comfortable enough to put in 96 miles in aero position on day one of owning it! That's gotta count for something.

Favorite Ride:   the streets of nyc

Purchased At:   Toga Bike Shop, NYC

Similar Products Used:   None, this is my first tri-bike.

Bike Setup:   2004 stock components with Speedplays WHICH I LOVE!!!

MulTicoloRed CloWns in BaKersField ProMpt CalLs to PoliCe, OnE ArResT

Bakersfield cops don't like them creepy looking multicolored clowns walking around exorcising their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights. [url=http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bakersfield-clowns-20141010-htmlstory.html]Menacing clowns in Bakersfield prompt calls to police, one arrest - LA Time ... Read More »

If you could only have one tubular glued up for a full season racing...

I know that I have seen these discussions online before, but I am having trouble finding them or a summary of the results. The backstory to why I am asking: I only have one set of tubular wheels and I have Vittoria Cross Evo glued up. (These are the standard Griffo tread pattern). I raced in t ... Read More »

Marriage equality in one GIF map. Kinda interesting.

SO this took ten years. I wonder what else might change like this in the next ten years? Im thinking marjuwana legalization might look like this in ten years. Im advocation a position, im just saying that ten years is not a long time. Ten years ago seems like yesterday. [url=http://www ... Read More »

One off soul cross frame

finely done ( had shoulder surgery ) 17 lbs ready the race when i get fit.[ATTACH=CONFIG]300845[/ATTACH]just glued tires which is very tough.Read More »

I Can't Even Wrap My Head Around This One...

...so you'll just have to figure it out for yourself. :shocked: [B][URL="http://jezebel.com/woman-uses-potato-as-contraceptive-grows-roots-inside-1641886188"]Woman Uses Potato as Contraceptive, Grows Roots Inside Her Vagina[/URL][/B]Read More »