Cinelli Experience Road Bike

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

The Experience offers incredible frame stiffness and a supple ride quality at a very competitive price. The frame utilizes a triple butted aluminum tubeset with a massively oversized down tube and conical, oversized seat tube for extra bottom bracket stiffness. These features all add up to a frame that punches far above its weight class.

Submitted by Grant Goodman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2013

Strengths:    stable, manoeuvrable, 10/10 on the grin count

Weaknesses:    Could be lighter, but never a real problem or weakness.

Bottom Line:
rode this bike 850 miles through France in 2012, lovely all the way, not uncomfortable as you would think, as long as you get a professional fit. Did me proud on the French roads, and hike all around the UK, never a problem, and when you wind it up, it is very responsive

Favorite Ride:   France !

Bike Setup:   Veloce 50/34 12:27 (miche cassette).

Submitted by Loren a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2012

Strengths:    Light, stiff, looks real purdy, an awesome value

Weaknesses:    It's not a weakness, but it's not a comfort bike. If you leave the steer tube a bit long, you can get the bars up for a more comfortable long distance set up. While I have more comfortable bikes, I'd consider taking this bike on a century.

Bottom Line:
I built this bike up with SRAM Rival and Ultegra/Open pro wheels, and it's really a nice match. The wheels ride nice, and the frame gives the bike all the response a guy could need. The paint is gorgeous, and so are the welds. I built the bike up to be my criterium racer, and it is just that. The handling is very quick, it corners well, and when it's time to stand and deliver it's solid and goes like hell.

Favorite Ride:   Fast crit races

Purchased At:   GVH Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Gunnar Sport, Kona Major One, Schwinn Fastback Pro

Bike Setup:   Sram Rival, truvativ carbon roleur crankset, ultegra/ mavic open pro wheels, thomson post, ritchey pro stem, ITM Visia bars, SPD SL pedals

Submitted by modemthug

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, Smooth & it's a Cinelli.. C'mon now =)

Weaknesses:    Not the lightest aluminum frameset, but it's way worth it!

Bottom Line:
I own a 2010 Cinelli Xperience "XL" White and Black. This model does NOT have the internal cable routing(s). Needless to say, I've been riding the Xperience for 4 months now and did a Century race on it and I felt that the "aggressive" geometry wasn't a problem. In fact, this bike is super comfortable. I did 100 miles and I didn't even notice anything but leg pain from being tired. It really isn't one of the lighter aluminum framesets out in the market- but Cinelli has a very good product line and I will be a returning customer.

Other info : I'm 155 lbs @ 6'1 (on a good day) w/ 172.5 crank arms and it fits well.

I'm sure if I went down to a size L , it'd be in more of an aggressive fit because I already have the saddle put high-ish//

Submitted by Adam a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2012

Strengths:    - Super stiff and strong
- Beautiful
- Out of the saddle efforts are immediately rewarded

Weaknesses:    - Minor paint chips, nothing too bad
- The aggressive geometry might tire some riders

Bottom Line:
First time I saw it, I was pretty impressed. The 2008 frame had sleek looks, nice paint scheme (I have the red black white one), decent price for an aluminum bike, a beautiful Italian bike. It has race geometry, but this is better suited to training rides. Coupled with Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels, I push it every ride, even crashing a couple of times cause I didn't bother to check my speed! It's very comfortable yet stiff, useful for sprint training. I do have some issues with paint chips, but I think it lends a bit of character. Planning a biking epic? This bike is just perfect for that. Depending on how you set it up, it can either be very aggressive, or more distance-oriented. Overall, this bike will never let you down, able to take quite a beating, even couple o' crashes, and still run like new (provided you maintain it well).

Favorite Ride:   Sunday mornings, no cars, no other riders

Bike Setup:   This frame, Cinelli Axis bar, Cinelli Vai stem and seatpost, Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels, Shimano 105 gruppo.

Submitted by Peto02 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2009

Strengths:    The frame - superb craftsmanship for the price, the snap of AL, plus carbon front fork for confortable ride. Hand made by Cinelli.

Weaknesses:    Little heavier, especially with Khansim wheels.

Bottom Line:
Beautiful bike from Cinelli, Italian producer, built from Columbus tubes, a neighboring company.
The whole Cinelli’s Experience is synthesised in an aluminium frame that can challenge time and trends:
it’s the perfect racing frame, for those approaching the competitive cycling world. Xperience never forsakes you
and will ride with you on any kind of path.
Bicycle is stiff but comfortable and convenient. With a set of Campagnolo Veloce is pleasure to ride him. A sense of lightness adds higher set of Campagnolo Vento wheels, instead Khamsin. Weight 8.6 kg in size M is little heavier. Compact BB shell diameter is ideal for mountains and beginning riders.

Favorite Ride:   Little Carpathians