Cinelli Experience Road Bike

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)

The Experience offers incredible frame stiffness and a supple ride quality at a very competitive price. The frame utilizes a triple butted aluminum tubeset with a massively oversized down tube and conical, oversized seat tube for extra bottom bracket stiffness. These features all add up to a frame that punches far above its weight class.

Submitted by Matthew Higgins

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2015

Strengths:    Let's see, you're looking for the best entry level race bike for the money, and after reading a million reviews you realize that your options seem all basically the same, brand to brand. You can't decide. I've been there. Here's why I chose Cinelli:
$1500 gets you a racer, duh. A bike that is scary fast, rides on rails with a Shimano 105 groupset, and bomb proof training style wheels. Cinelli is of course all these things. On top of it all though,it's a Cinelli, and even my bro's at the bike shop where I used to wrench had never seen a Cinelli road frame before. It's fast, it's unique, and it's Italian with Columbus tubing. That's why the Cinelli Experience.

Weaknesses:    The wheels are too heavy for real racing. Upgrading them though means spending at least $400. So you just spent $1600 + $400. That same money gets you an entry level carbon bike. See the conundrum?
Overall, for the $ THERE IS ONLY ONE BETTER OPTION FOR 2015, the Felt F75. The Felt comes with FULL 105 and is about $1500 less. But it's not a Cinelli and not nearly as unique/headturning. Look into the Felt for savings and normality.
LASTLY- the downtime barrel adjusters are too difficult to adjust from the saddle for two reasons- They're too close to the wheel and I've grinded my knuckles, also the shift housing came from the factory cut too long causing a strange angle at the adjuster causing difficult turning. Have your bike shop recut them. Easy fix.

Bottom Line:
You have "better" options, but those options are so slim in difference between one brand and another that the real benefit between one and another is almost none. For me though, that is why buying this Cinelli was that much more dire. To invest in a historical company, to pride myself in the uniqueness of the brand, and so to stand out in the riding pack, whether in the back of the sprint or the lead.

Submitted by Rackerman

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2014

Strengths:    Cool look and clean lines... Unique as well. Not a huge popular or known brand here in Canada so you're not going to see another one on the road. Geometry is pretty classic and more upright and can be set up for long rides. Vibrations that normally occur on aluminum frames were pretty much non existent with a carbon seat post, forks and bars... Cool colour scheme on mine... Blue, red and white...

Weaknesses:    Definitely not a light frame. Those on here that claim weight as a strength might not know what else is out there. Mine weighs in at just over 18 lbs with a power2Max Crankset and super light wheels. I've built this as a winter frame so the weight is not an issue for me... I'll stick with Carbon frames for the summer and Fondo's...

Bottom Line:
All in all, a good package and I'd rate it a bit higher if Cinelli could have done something about the weight. The finish on it is awesome and it rides nice with my Mavics and shifts like butter with a lower end Campy groupset. I'm not sure why you would put anything but Campy on this Frame!!!!????

I'd call this a touring frame or an entry level frame. Not a competitive frame but unique though. If you don't want to be on what everyone else is riding, this would be a good option. My wheels are light already and I could probably go nuts with lighter components and get it to 17 lbs or perhaps mid 16's but I'm not sure if this is the right frame for that purpose. Good all rounder though...

Submitted by Grant Goodman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2013

Strengths:    stable, manoeuvrable, 10/10 on the grin count

Weaknesses:    Could be lighter, but never a real problem or weakness.

Bottom Line:
rode this bike 850 miles through France in 2012, lovely all the way, not uncomfortable as you would think, as long as you get a professional fit. Did me proud on the French roads, and hike all around the UK, never a problem, and when you wind it up, it is very responsive

Favorite Ride:   France !

Bike Setup:   Veloce 50/34 12:27 (miche cassette).

Submitted by Loren a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2012

Strengths:    Light, stiff, looks real purdy, an awesome value

Weaknesses:    It's not a weakness, but it's not a comfort bike. If you leave the steer tube a bit long, you can get the bars up for a more comfortable long distance set up. While I have more comfortable bikes, I'd consider taking this bike on a century.

Bottom Line:
I built this bike up with SRAM Rival and Ultegra/Open pro wheels, and it's really a nice match. The wheels ride nice, and the frame gives the bike all the response a guy could need. The paint is gorgeous, and so are the welds. I built the bike up to be my criterium racer, and it is just that. The handling is very quick, it corners well, and when it's time to stand and deliver it's solid and goes like hell.

Favorite Ride:   Fast crit races

Purchased At:   GVH Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Gunnar Sport, Kona Major One, Schwinn Fastback Pro

Bike Setup:   Sram Rival, truvativ carbon roleur crankset, ultegra/ mavic open pro wheels, thomson post, ritchey pro stem, ITM Visia bars, SPD SL pedals

Submitted by modemthug

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, Smooth & it's a Cinelli.. C'mon now =)

Weaknesses:    Not the lightest aluminum frameset, but it's way worth it!

Bottom Line:
I own a 2010 Cinelli Xperience "XL" White and Black. This model does NOT have the internal cable routing(s). Needless to say, I've been riding the Xperience for 4 months now and did a Century race on it and I felt that the "aggressive" geometry wasn't a problem. In fact, this bike is super comfortable. I did 100 miles and I didn't even notice anything but leg pain from being tired. It really isn't one of the lighter aluminum framesets out in the market- but Cinelli has a very good product line and I will be a returning customer.

Other info : I'm 155 lbs @ 6'1 (on a good day) w/ 172.5 crank arms and it fits well.

I'm sure if I went down to a size L , it'd be in more of an aggressive fit because I already have the saddle put high-ish//