Colnago CLX 3.0 Road Bike

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Colnago CLX 3.0 105 Road Bike CLX 3.0 frame is completely new in 2012. The monocoque front triangle has many new features: internal routing of the rear brake cable, new different section C-HS1 headset system and a new fork made to work perfectly in combination with the new headset. The square chainstays have been developed following the design outlook of the whole Colnago range, having a square shaped cross section to guarantee more stiffness for greater pedalling efficiency. Colnago CLX 3.0 105 Road Bike Specifications: Frame: Colnago CLX 3.0 Fork: Colnago CLX 3.0 Chain Wheel: Shimano FC-R565 50X34T Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 Derailleur Lever Set: Shimano 105 Gear: Shimano 105 10S 12-25T Wheel Set: Shimano WH-R501 Tyres: Michelin Lithion2 700x23C Brakes: Colnago X-Brake 3 Handle Bar: Colnago RHM01 Handle Bar Stem: Deda Zero One Saddle: Colnago Z4 Seat Post: Colnago CLX 3.0 Head Set: FSA NO.63/51 28.6-49.6-33 H=20.9 Sea

Submitted by Rich R

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2015

Strengths:    Great all around bike.

Weaknesses:    Ditch the original wheelset.

Bottom Line:
I bought my CLX in November of 2013 after a TON of research. Over the past year, I've put on over 5k miles and absolutely LOVE this bike. The first thing I did after buying the bike was get rid of the original wheelset and replaced with Shimano Dura Ace C24 wheels. The only regret is that I stayed with the Ultegra setup and didn't go with Dura Ace.

Submitted by Shuffleman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2014

Strengths:    Comfortable and quick. Very attractive bike. It handles the road very well.

Weaknesses:    The sloping design is a little difficult to size.

Bottom Line:
I bought the frame on line and built it out with Athena. I could not be happier with this bike. This was my top choice when researching frames. I almost went several different ways but in the end am extremely happy with my choice. It absorbs the road well and is quicker than I had anticipated. There are no hills where I live so I can't testify to its climbing ability. Like all bikes though, it is the engine that truly matters. I do not race but I am extremely competitive. I highly recommend this bike.

Purchased At:   Custom build

Bike Setup:   Campagnolo athena. Campagnolo scirocco wheels. Pro Logo seat.

Submitted by A. Speci a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2014

Strengths:    To begin, the bike looks really cool and it should with an Italian name on it. I am a avid cyclist and have been riding since 1996. I have done some racing over the years. This bike is for a comfortable ride and exercise. You may not be able to afford a Ferrari but you can afford this bike.

Weaknesses:    Standard wheels are heavy by racing standards. If you want it to go faster you will have to invest in some lighter wheels and tires.

Bottom Line:
This bike is no longer in production. It is a sexy cool looking bike. This bike was about $3,800 with the Ultegra package.

Favorite Ride:   Colnago CLX 3