De Rosa R838 Road Bike

De Rosa R838 Athena Bike 8220;Rarely do we get to ride a bike that lets us forget where we are and dream so much. In case you hadn 8217;t guessed, the De Rosa is worth the money 8211; and then some. You certainly get what you pay for. 8221; It 8217;s extremely sorted and stylish, the sweeping lines the result of a blend of form and function All hail the clubman 8217;s Race bike of the Year: winner from an all-day, solo breakaway: the awesome De Rosa r838 Click here for a DeRosa R838 Review (.PDF) Features: Lightweight Hi-Modulus Monocoque Carbon frame and fork with incredibly attractive lines make this Italian thoroughbred almost irresistible to look at. The De Rosa tuned geometry strikes the perfect balance making it excellent for head down racing or just embarking on an epic mountain ride. Tapered 1-1/8 8221; to 1-1/4 8221; Fork and Headtube - An incredibly stable and responsive front end giving predictable attacking handling. Brand new head turning graphics - You 8217;l

Submitted by Michael

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2014

Strengths:    Supposed to be "entry-level" carbon frame but so far (100 km of riding), it has been a pleasant surprise... light, stiff & responsibe but yet gives a compliant ride and great handling.

Goes faster than my Specialized Roubaix which the De Rosa 838 is a replacement frame to the Roubaix, after latter suffered irrepairable damage after a heavy storm. I think the De Rosa 838 falls in between my Roubaix and my other ride, the aluminium-frame Allez.

To top it, got it at a clearance price from the local agent (frame is 2012 edition) so it has turned out to be a great buy Oh!.I love the colour and graphics scheme too - the italians seem to get it so right.

Weaknesses:    None to date.

Bottom Line:
A great carbon frame...keeps asking to be riddden so no regrets getting it even though I have to confess I knew next to zero about De Rosa before my accidental damage suffered to my beloved Specialized Roubaix.

Strongly recommend to anyone looking for a carbon frame.