Diamondback Podium 2 Road Bike

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Equipped with Shimano Tiagra components and designed with comfort and performance in mind, the Podium 2 is a true road bike that won't empty your wallet. Diamondback has raised the head tube height slightly to reduce the strain on the ride...

Submitted by Cameron

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2014

Strengths:    Durability
Gearing
Incredible value

Weaknesses:    On the heavier side

Bottom Line:
I am a newbie to road biking but I ride with 3 Cat 2 racers and they all say my bike was a steal. Not to toot my own horn but they all ride bikes worth close to $4000 and I have no problem keeping up with them, in fact I've been able to drop them a few times! Don't think you have to break the bank to be fast, 99% of riding depends on you, the rider. That being said this bike really likes climbing hills, not as good on the flats or descents.

Submitted by Dmatt

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2012

Strengths:    Great value for the price. good components for an entry level bike

Weaknesses:    High gearing, even in the lower range.

Bottom Line:
Great entry level bike with Tiagra components. I'm 5' 10", 31" inseam and the 54cm frame fit perfect. The gearing is a bit high so you do have to work on hills, but it is smooth and strong. If I lived in a area with large hills, I would switch out the sets, but it is fine for open riding. Shifting is smooth and precise.