Diamondback Podium 6 Road Bike

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

The key to the low weight and high strength of the Podium 6 frame lies in the properties of the carbon build process. The Advanced Monocoque Molding Process ensures that each area of the frame has the correct amount of carbon. In a nutshell...

Submitted by Grant Smith a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2013

Strengths:    Incredible frame, great bargain, comfortable ride and a beautiful bike

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Very responsive and is a great climber / sprinter. The bike has been great on long rides as well, although I did replace the DBR saddle. If the Podium continues to perform at this level it will prove to be a strong competitor at a great price.

Submitted by qwalls a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2011

Strengths:    responsive but compliant frame, great value, Ultegra and FSA components

Weaknesses:    Shimano RS-30 wheels, would have preferred a compact crank

Bottom Line:
I wasn't even planning to buy a bike, but they had one left in my size 58cm and I couldn't pass it up for the price. Decided to buy it after a brief test ride. Amazing value. Bike is very responsive but also has a very smooth ride. Weighed 17.15 LBs with pedals and is about 16 LBs now with a wheel swap. My Look 566 is a little move comfortable on long rides, but this bike feels faster.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   2009 Look 566 with SRAM Force
2008 Giant OCR A0

Bike Setup:   Replaced wheels with Bicycle Wheel Warehouse Pure Race Ultralights

Submitted by wayne baldridge a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2011

Strengths:    Fast, stable, reasonably light and the wonderful "come on, come on" response puts on a smile.

Weaknesses:    Wheel set could be lighter.

Bottom Line:
The Podium 6 came home with me Saturday and a setup ride of 10 miles comfirmed this to be a keeper. Sunday we went for 26 miles out to Ray Hubbard lake with a 20 MPH wind. The keeper impression has not changed. Head, tail and cross winds do not intrude on the ride and a 35 MPH down wind effort awas man and machine oneness. The ride position is agressive but comfortable.
Good looks don't hurt either (it not me).
At 71 years I still enjoy the quiet hum of fast tires against the pavement. Did I say this is a keeper?

Similar Products Used:   Bianchi carbon, Fuji SL1, Fuji team pro, Scatante race, Lightspeed --- This list goes back 60 years.

Bike Setup:   The Performace setup was spot on. The usual adjustments of saddle, bars, brake levers etc are mine to make. The steeing bearings needed preload re-setting after 35 miles of rough Texas roads. Typical for all bikes and would have been taken care of by the Spin Doc had I taken it back.

Submitted by Arthur a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2011

Strengths:    Power Tranfer, Weight (~17lbs), Comfort!

Weaknesses:    Wheels are a bit heavy but beautiful with aero rims and spokes.

Bottom Line:
I just bought it Wednesday and did my first ride with my group the same day. We ride in town with about 20 above average riders...we average about 19mph with all the stops in Houston and regularly hit 29+ between lights. I have ridden this ride for years on my trusty and fast 1997 Cannondale R900 (Ultegra Level and 19.9lbs). Anyway, the deal is amazing...everything has carbon in it, cranks, Seatpost, stem, bars, frame, & fork! The bike weighs 16.9 lbs with pedals and water bottle cages!!! I was faster and climbed better (small overpasses) than I ever have on this ride! The bike just goes...the transfer of power is unreal...I never thought that it could feel so direct. The geometry is great. All the carbon soaks up the chatter from the road and is more of a soft thud than a clunk when hitting small imprefections on the road. I have been looking for the right bike for over a year...I am picky and wanted something with a lifetime warranty...the DB has it! Not many manufacturers are still giving lifetime on carbon frames anymore. HURRY UP AND GET ONE! Performance is out of them...I bought the last two 56cm in Texas...had to get one for the wifey. Get one you will not be sorry!!!

Favorite Ride:   Magnolia, Texas