Diamondback Podium Optum Road Bike
|MSRP : $8000.00|
Diamondback Podium Optum Team Road Bike Orange 2014
The Diamondback Podium Optum Team is a top of the line carbon competition road racing machine. From the aggressive carbon shapes to the latest internal cable housing design, this is the ultimate road frame. This frame comes in at under 900 grams thanks to the newly designed tapered Continuous Fiber Technology full carbon fork with integrated carbon crown race. Diamondback set out to create a road bike that is more user and performance friendly, not just for the top racers of the world but also the weekend road warriors that ride thousands of miles a year.
Diamondback looked at the handling, feel, weight, and geometry of each frame and each size so they could make sure every product has the signature Diamondback feel. Then Diamondback does conceptual sketches, 3D Modeling, and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) before they even make the first steel mold. They set clear and concise goals to make the Podium a world-class frame and they strive to make an already incredible product???better. Diamondback feels that only after going through all these long, tedious processes that this is the only way to create a high performance racing bicycle worthy of the Podium badge.
- Continuous Fiber ??? Diamondback???s Continuous Fiber Technology uses full-length carbon strands to manufacture the fork that extend from the top of the steer tube to the bottom of the drop outs. Using that same AMMP technology employed in the Podium frame, they???ve created one of the stiffest forks available. With a lower integrated crown race that???s completely carbon, they???ve eliminated the need for a separate aluminum race. This makes the overall system lighter, stronger and more responsive.
- Tapered Head Tube ??? 1.5 Tapered head tube provides front end torsional stiffness for precise steering and control.
- Compliant Stays ??? Seat tube and seat stays are designed to work together to produce an optimally compliant ride.
- Pressfit 30 ???An oversized BB shell coupled with a larger down tube and chain stays provides increased rigidity for out-of-the saddle-sprinting, maximum acceleration, and optimal efficiency.
- Closed Circuit Cabling ??? Closed Circuit Cable routing provides a clean, uncluttered, and sleek finish to the frame.
- Replaceable Front Derailleur Hanger ??? lightweight and easy to mount in the correct position??? every time.
No Reviews Found.