EPX 303SL Road Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The 303SL features a 100% carbon fiber road frame complemented by the monocoque RC 113 fork and a 1 1/8" integrated headset. Reinforced gussets offer increased stiffness and with the carbon fiber soaking up all of the road's little dips and bumps, feedback from the road to rider is immediate, yet comfortable.

Submitted by Mark Wilton a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2010

Strengths:    Stiffness and speed. Looks pretty darn good as well.

Weaknesses:    Traditional frame geometry might not suit everybody especially if flexibility is a problem since the head tube is shorter than compact frames.

Bottom Line:
Awesome bike to ride! It is very responsive - it accelerates and climbs very nicely. A mate recommended these frames and I didn't believe that a frame this cheap could actually perform well. First ride though and I was sold. I tend to like a bike that is stiff and good for sprinting and I weigh around 95kg so it has to be able to handle alot of force through the bottom bracket. It does this really well. I just wish that I had bought 3 or 4 of these frames at that price when I had the chance. I feel that I have found a frame that suits me really well and will be dissappointed when this frame dies for whatever reason. I ride alot of different bikes all the time and have 5 different ones at the moment all pretty much with the same equipment but different frames and find that each day when it comes to decide which bike to ride the epx is usually my first choice. I haven't ridden an epx frame with the epx fork supplied though but other riders that have recon they make a good fork. I have just always liked the ouzo pro forks. I don't know how much the ouzo pro contributes to the feel of the frame.

Favorite Ride:   Lake loop, Lake Macquarie

Purchased At:   Cyclic bikes (online

Similar Products Used:   Various carbon Giants, Racelines, steel Ken Evans road and track bikes and a Trek 1500

Bike Setup:   Epx 303sl frame, Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork, a mix of Ultegra and Dura Ace equipment, Mavic CXP33 rims with Dura Ace hubs, Specialised Alias seat, carbon post, stem and bars, Conti GP4's

Submitted by GeoLes a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2009

Strengths:    Cost, Basic Package, and performance

Weaknesses:    Support: Bikes are currently only sold in Austrailia

Bottom Line:
On a very limited budget, I discoverd this online entery level-gem at less than $1000 complete with 105 commponents throughout and Mavic Cosmos wheelset. Since initial purchase, I upgraded to Ultegara 10-speed, FSA Carbon Team Pro Cranks, and carbon seat post. The bike is still perfoming well and looks like new. Some may say that I should have gone with a more locally recognized name, but with my very limited budget after 8 years, I am still pleased.

Favorite Ride:   EPX 303SL