Felt F2C Road Bike

4.83/5 (12 Reviews)

• Color: Gloss Clear over Carbon
  • High modulus carbon fiber modular monocoque with 3K weave.
  • Reynolds Ouzo Comp
  • Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset
  • Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick folding tires
  • Shimano Dura-Ace brakes
  • Felt micro adjust carbon seatpost
  • Felt carbon oversized handlebar with Ergonomic drop
  • Felt ST-22 3D-forged stem
  • Felt Race-lite saddle with carbon injected base
  • Shimano Dura-Ace 20-speed shifters and derailleur
  • FSA SL-K Mega EXO 2-pc carbon crankset with external BB and 7075/T6 CNC aluminum chainring

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Steve Bera a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2008

Strengths:    Smoothes out the bumps, and very light ride. Makes hills easier, and all riding faster. Stable frame with no glitches. I am a 200 lb rider.

Weaknesses:    I didn't like the brakes either. I just replaced the pads with shimano and that worked for me. Had a hard to find squeek after 7m miles which turned out to be the headset needed lube.

Bottom Line:
    I am very satisfied with this ride. More bike for the buck than riding a trek.

Favorite Ride:   Have too many

Purchased At:   Anthony's Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale alum, trek carbon

Bike Setup:   FSA compact crank, T--- brakes, dura-ace 10 speed, CR420 wheels.

Submitted by Manny Trevino a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2008

Strengths:    Dura Ace drive train! Great option for this price. American Classic wheels are very light and fast. Frame finish and color scheme, not bad on the eyes.

Weaknesses:    I agree w/other comments about the brakes. The calipers had lots of flex. I replaced them w/Dura Ace. Its off-the-shelf Vs.custom. I replaced the saddle (more padding) and bars (wider) to improve comfort.

Bottom Line:
    Great bike! I upgraded from a 15 yr old steel frame. My climbing ability improved instantly. This bike is very quick and responsive. Road vibrations and hand numbness are gone. I shopped for a couple months test riding many carbon bikes. The F2C geometry fit my body and riding style perfect. The compact crank w/gear set-up is perfect for the rides I train on.

Favorite Ride:   Texas hill country

Purchased At:   Rideaway Bikes, S.A.

Similar Products Used:   Old bike: Simoncini frame w/Campy Chorus group

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace group w/FSA compact crank. American Classic wheels. Fizik saddle

Submitted by Barry Lindler a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2007

Strengths:    Responsive, light. Very durable.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    I have a F2C Team. Great bike from the get go. I had been wanting to build my dream bike for years. This one met my expectations. It had been years since I have ridden seriously. What a rush. Very responsive yet very comfortable as well. I am a heavier rider and this bike can take it when you jam on the pedals.

Favorite Ride:   Too Many to rate

Purchased At:   Roswell Bikes

Bike Setup:   Full Dura Ace except for TruVativ cranks. Wheels upgraded to Mavic Kysrium SL (Wise choice)

Submitted by Kenny a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2007

Strengths:    Great price for a carbon bike with Dura-Ace components

Weaknesses:    None to date

Bottom Line:
    Fantastic ride. This is my first carbon rig and right away I could see the benefits. Was riding a Felt F50, which was a great bike,however, doesn't compare the smooth ride you get with the carbon frame. Great component set (Dura-Ace)and great value.

Favorite Ride:   Latigo Canyon

Purchased At:   Agoura Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Felt F50

Bike Setup:   Full Dura-Ace with FSA cranks, speed-play pedals, Fizik Aliante Carbon saddle

Submitted by Jerome a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2007

Strengths:    Great specs for the price. Carbon! Rigid yet comfy. Rode a century on it w/no probs.

Weaknesses:    Crummy brakes. replaced w/ campy skeletons. Aluminum handle bars w/ carbon wrap. Could get more comfy.

Bottom Line:
    Great ride, my first carbon bike. Soaks up road chatter like a dream. Very fast bike Immediate response when you jam on it. Good handling w/ no twitchiness. (is that a word?)

Purchased At:   local LBS

Similar Products Used:   Steel Orbea w/ Veloce components.

Bike Setup:   Full duraace, w/ fsa cranks, campy brakes and Look Keo carbon pedals.

2006 Felt F2C measurements

Hello, I tried to contact Felt directly via e-mail and telephone with no luck. No return e-mail, so far (going on five days now), so I called and the gentleman that I spoke with said that it being a five-year old bike that it's pretty much impossible to find any info and that my best resource wou ... Read More »

F2C on e-Bay

I'm checking out [URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280135436910&rd=1&rd=1"]this bike[/URL] on e-Bay - trying to find a good deal... The frame and components are a step up from comparable stuff I've been looking at, but am I right in ... Read More »

F2C weight?

Hello, would anyone happen to know the weight of a Felt F2C frame? Just curious.Read More »

Anyone with a Felt F2C having trouble with flex?

First of all this is no flame on Felt bikes! I am simply wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with the 06 Felt F2C complete bike. While going at slow speed, or even barely rolling for that matter....the top tube and/or head tube will flex to a noticeable degree almost as if there is a piv ... Read More »

Looking for a felt f2c good priced

Anyone know a place selling felt f2c's at a end of year good price? Thanks.Read More »