Felt F75 Road Bike

4.48/5 (21 Reviews)

• Color: Matte Black
  • Felt 7005 Superlite custom double-butted aluminum frame with carbon fiber wishbone seat stays
  • Internally relieved integrated head tube, machined bottom bracket, forged dropouts with replaceable hanger and internal brake cable routing
  • Felt carbon fiber fork
  • Shimano 500 wheelset w/ aero spokes
  • Vittoria Action HSD folding tires
  • Felt carbon micro-adjust seatpost
  • Felt 6061 oversized handlebar with ergonomic drop
  • Felt ST 3D-forged stem
  • Felt Race-lite saddle with carbon injected base
  • Shimano Ulterga/105 20-speed shifters and derailleur
  • FSA Gossamer, 3-Piece cold-forged aluminum compact crankset with 7075/T6 CNC alloy 50/34T machined chainrings

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by deerock a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Strengths:    Carbon, 105/Ultegra combo, bang for the buck.

Weaknesses:    Crankset, etc. had to replace.
    The Vittoria tires suck...kept getting flats. Changed to Continental Ultra Gatorskin with great success.
    Saddle was SO uncomfortable, changed to Fizik which is was an awesome choice.

Bottom Line:
    Plain and simply a GREAT bike. Super comfortable on smooth and bumps, tracks well, turns on a dime but not in a scary way, great quality and a good looking bike. I needed a bike and did lots of research and found that this LBS had the Felt line. Test rode a few and found the F75 to be mine.

Favorite Ride:   the hills above/around Rose Bowl

Purchased At:   Velo Pasadena

Similar Products Used:   Test rode several other bikes from Trek to Specialized to Giant...Nothing in the price range, under $2k, could beat the Felt.

Bike Setup:   Fizik saddle, Shimano crankset, Continental GatorSkin Ultra tires, extension Aero Bars, Garmin 305/Cateye,

Submitted by easyridernyc a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2009

Strengths:    all around great bike. light, lightning quick, and comfortable frame. dynamite compact derailleur--speedy and efficient. felt technology and mechanics, massive bang for the buck.

Weaknesses:    hadda shell extra for the egg beaters, new shimano's cost me a buck to add to the total cost of the bike, but at this point, that cost is immaterial. once you mount up, the payback is immediate.

Bottom Line:
    in red. it aint black no more. i was looking for something light, functional and not super expensive. found a home with jim felt. up up and away...

Favorite Ride:   working on that one

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   specialized allez elite, 06 with the zertz inserts. the e-5 compares favorably, but the stays make the diff.

Bike Setup:   stock setup, felt 7000 superlite, carbon fork and stays, full compact 105, mavic 22's. put a gun to my head, i switch out the saddle and maybe add shimano 6's, but the 22's sorta kick ass anyways.

Submitted by John a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2009

Strengths:    see above

Weaknesses:    see above

Bottom Line:
    I have been very happy with this bike.

I like the way it rides -- I think carbon fork and seatstays are effective at mitigating a fair degree of road buzz.

Handles very well and can confidently be aggressive on corners and downhills.

Ive always liked clean simple lines and black matte look.

105 / Ultegra combo seems to work well. No problems except had to change out rear derailer cable after 2 yrs cause started to stick/fray.

Compact crank is must for me, esp. around here with rolling hills.

I like the internal cable routing as it makes it easy to hang in my garage.

Overall great bang for the buck -- I am still riding this happily after 3 yrs, although I'm considering upgrading to an all-carbon frame.

What I switched out:
    After 2 seasons I got a pair of nice wheels (ksyrium sls). This was noticable upgrade from stock.

I changed the saddle to a specialized toupe gel which I like better.

Bar & misc tubes switched out over time to tweak the riding position.

I been using michelin pro race tires, and find them much easier to get on/off rim vs the vittorias when changing tubes.

Switched to a 12-27 cassette after a while to help me get up steeper hills (stock was 11-23?)

What I haven't liked:

Sometimes on hard climbs the cranks squeeks a fair bit -- I never figured this out.

Favorite Ride:   Finger Lakes / Bristol NY

Purchased At:   Towpath

Similar Products Used:   test rode specialized, giant & trek bikes in same price range, all carbon felt z-series

Bike Setup:   see above

Add saddle bag
    Add planet bikes tail light

Submitted by cimdraft a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2008

Strengths:    Quick, relatively light, responsive, good-looking, Rubino slick tires are wearing well.

Weaknesses:    Front derailleur shifting on compact crank.

Bottom Line:
    Great Bike! I upgraded from a 20 year old Trek, so just about anything modern would feel better. But, I really think I chose wisely and am really pleased with the component mix and overall performance / comfort.
    I wanted a full Ultegra group, but found I couldn't get that new for $1K, so the 105 & Ultegra mix fit the bill.
    All of my riding is in hilly areas and I like the way it climbs and descends. It is stable at speed, yet changes direction very quickly, which took some getting used to.
    I was suprised that the seat fit me so well and that I haven't wanted to replace it.
    This is my first experience with this type of shifting mechanism, but it seems to work well with the exception of the front derailleur which usually takes a couple of tries to fully shift from small to large chainring.
    I'm glad to have the carbon fork/steerer and seatstays as it feels pretty stiff even with these items, as compared to the old steel frame. The overall ride though, is pretty nice.
    In my opinion, this bike is a great value for the fast recreational rider.

Favorite Ride:   Anything with minimal traffic!

Purchased At:   Denver VeloSwap