Felt F75 Road Bike

4.17/5 (6 Reviews)

Blending the lightweight stiffness of Felt’s Custom 7005 Superlite butted aluminum tubing with the compliance of a carbon fiber fork and seatpost, the F75 is a quick-handling machine for rides ranging from criterium races to all-day epics. With a BB30 bottom bracket shell and lightweight, reliable components including Shimano 105 shifters and brakes, F75 is race-ready right out of the box.
Frame: Felt Road Custom 7005 Ultra-light butted Aluminum Frame w/ smooth welding, BB30 Shell, External Cable Routing, Forged dropouts & replaceable derailleur hanger, 1294g
Fork: Felt UHC Advanced 100% Carbon Fiber Monocoque Fork w/ 3KP Weave; ControlTaper 1.125” - 1.5” Steerer tube, Crown, Blades, and Dropouts, 370g
Drivetrain: Shimano 105 STI, 105 clamp on Front derailleur, 105 Rear derailleur, FSA Gossamer BB30 compact Forged Aluminum 50/34T crankset, Shimano 10-Speed chain, 11-25T cassette
Components: Shimano 105 Super SLR dual pivot brakes w/ Cartridge brake shoes, Felt VS 6061 Aluminum handlebar, Felt SL 6061 Aluminum 3D Forged stem, Felt UHC Performance Carbon Fiber seatpost w/ Forged Aluminum Head Twin Side Bolt Rail Clamps, Felt SL Road saddle w/ Carbon injected base, embossed cover & hollow Cr-Mo rails
Wheelset: MAVIC CXP-22S Aluminum rim w/ machined UB Control braking surface & wear indicator laced 28H radial Front/32H 3x Rear w/ Cr-Mo quick release skewer & Swiss Stainless 2.0mm spokes w/ Aluminum nipples
Accessories: n/a
Finish: 1.) Gloss Metallic Navy
Sizes: 700c x 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61cm
Weight: 18.89bs/8.59kG

Submitted by Harald van Beek

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2013

Strengths:    Stijfheid van het frame, af montage prijs/kwaliteit

Weaknesses:    wielset

Bottom Line:
Deze fiets als training fiets gekocht, geometrie is het zelfde als mijn F1. Frame is verrassend stijf en voelt direct aan. Wielset heb ik vervangen voor een rs80 set van Shimano. en het stuur voor een ec90 van Easton. Al met al nu een lekkere fiets om te toeren maar ook prima voor tempo training of interval.

Submitted by Jack Phillips a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2012

Strengths:    great geometry, aside from crankset its all 105, (only because shimano does not do BB30), lightweight, packs a lot of punch for this price point. Attention to detail is outstanding.

Weaknesses:    heavy wheelset, did not care for the white tires or saddle. All things that probably get swapped out anyway.

Bottom Line:
This is a bike that makes me want to go out and ride. I enjoy the handling at speed and it is comfortable. with a minimum of some decent tires this is more bike than I will ever need. I have my bike (2011 model) for about six months and other than initial cable stretch have had no issues. Outstanding paint job, smoothed out welds, predictable handling yet aggressive. I really wanted a carbon bike but could not swing it budget wise, this bike does not leave me wanting. With the carbon fork it is quite smooth for an aluminum frame. I should be out riding so enough about the bike. Great Bike, awsome value no regrets

Favorite Ride:   Centennial trail Snohomish WA

Purchased At:   Snohomish Bicycle

Bike Setup:   Currently bike is upgraded with Ksyrium elite wheelset, Felt Carbon bars, Fizik Kurve snake saddle, and Cryano post. Rolling on Vittoria Corsa EVO tires.

Submitted by J Rustrick a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2012

Strengths:    A great bike for roadies getting serious about riding. 105 groupset a great midrange choice. Decent components all round/

Weaknesses:    Aluminium construction is still but can't isolate road vibration like carbon. Wheels are heavy.

Bottom Line:
I was comparing the Felt F5, Cannondale CAAD10-5 and Felt F75 as my first serious bike since returning to cycling after a 15 year hiatus. I wanted something that I could comfortably train on and do the long miles whilst having some ability to keep up with the more keen riders (something I could not do on my hybrid that had my body up in the wind like a sail!). After trying all 3 bikes, I liked the F5 the best as it seems to damp out all the little vibrations in the road and make for a comfortable ride. However, if you throw price into the mix and then get a heavy discount for a 2011 model F75, then it makes a no brainer. Money talks, and whatever extra weight I got with the F75 can be easily offset by spending some of those savings on better wheels and cranks.

Why not the CAAD10? Well, if the price were the same, then it'd be a tough choice, probably slightly in favor of the CAAD10 - however, where I live, the Cannondale distributor just isn't keen on doing any deals and just priced himself out of the game. The slightly better bike wasn't so great when you factor value into the equation.

Anyone looking to get into road riding and even part time competition need not look any further for a good value for money bike. Weight watchers can look elsewhere as this is no featherlight.

Purchased At:   Bikehaus

Submitted by Brandon K

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2012

Strengths:    105 Components, Carbon fork, weight, geometry. Overall looks of the frame. The Mavic CXP-22 wheels so far seem to roll pretty smooth but can see myself upgrading to a lighter and faster wheel later on down the road. Tapered headtube, BB30 Bottom Bracket. STIFF, STIFF, STIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weaknesses:    Not the biggest fan of the FSA Crankset but I really haven't had any problems with it other than it being heavy and the crank arms go inward towards the chainstays, which doesn't leave any clearance for a cadence sensor.

The Vitorra Slick tires flat out suck!

Bottom Line:
Yes, the 2012 Felt F75 is a Bike shop's best kept secret! After testing out several carbon bikes, I came across the F75. The looks of this bike kinda caught my eye and next knew, I was out testing it! I was amazed at how responsive, stiff and light this bike was. For an aluminum frame, it's just a little under 19 pounds. The geometry of this bike is an exact imitation of the higher end, carbon F-series bikes. The F75 is the aluminum version of the Felt F5 (which is one of the best carbon bikes on the market and retails at $2500)

I love this bike and wouldn't trade it for the world!

Submitted by locustfist a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2011

Strengths:    Race geometry in an aluminum bike; which is extremely rare these days as everything has moved to carbon.

Stiff and snappy. The tapered head tube keeps things tracking up front and the BB30 creates the foundation for a stiff rear end to put the power down.

Almost full 105 gruppo, sans crankset which is swapped for the FSA Gossemer. The 105 is dependable group that will take you all the way to Cat 3.

It's a sexy bike, I have to be honest there. It may have been the thing that swung me as tested it and the CAAD10. The CAAD10 just wasn't stoking me on looks...because it's always about the bike.

Weaknesses:    Wheelset will be fine for training but it will need to sit the SAG wagon for the first race in favor of something better.

The crankset will probably be off pretty soon in favor of something lighter as this will be a good place to shed some grams.

Bottom Line:
This is the bike that bike shops hide from the guys coming in to drop $3500 bucks on a bike...it's that good of a deal. From what I can find it is the F75 and the Cannondale CAAD10 that sit alone as the only contenders in the aluminum race bike class.

Favorite Ride:   Climbing