Felt S25 Road Bike

Pedals: Not applicable
Tires: 700 or 650x 23c Hutchinson Carbon Comp

Submitted by Martin in Sonoran desert a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2007

Strengths:    Very light and agile.

Weaknesses:    Can't stand the sound of the fork when hitting potholes.

Bottom Line:
Love this bike. Light and responsive. Internal routing for rear brake looks great. Carbon in all the right places, very stiff yet comfortable on long rides.

Favorite Ride:   Usery Pass

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale R600
Cannondale Criterium

Bike Setup:   Built up from frameset (frame, fork, headset, seat w/post)with Ultegra everything except DA front Der. Also have Performance Titan wheels. Shimano Flightdeck computer.

Submitted by dino13 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2006

Strengths:    Dura Ace components
Fast!
Looks cool.
Aero

Weaknesses:    Wheelset
aero bars a little heavy, but very adjustable.
Tectro brakes. Seems all bikes are strting to use them. Ultegra is a million times better.

Bottom Line:
Follow up to my previous review. Got a professional bike fitting. Worth every penny. My right knee was hurting so we swapped out 175mm cranks for shorter 175mm ones. Also raised seat an inch, put a shim on my right shoe and moved seat (not sure if forward or back). Slighly changed position of aero bars too. Wow! So much better. No knee pain. Original Bike shop (Bike America) was useless. I used Racer's Edge in Boca Raton. Highly recommended. Bike is dialed in now! Future upgrades will be wheels (Either Cosmic Carbones or Spinergy). Later will upgrade base and aero bars and possibly carbon cranks. Super happy with bike. Takes the bumps pretty well too.

Favorite Ride:   Flat and Fast

Purchased At:   Bike America

Bike Setup:   Stock.

Submitted by Dean a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2006

Strengths:    - Looks awesome
- Very Fast
- Very Aero

Weaknesses:    None that I can see.
Maybe Carbon is smoother?

Bottom Line:
The duathlon/triathlon bug bit me about 3 months ago. I bought a full ultegra road bike and used it for a couple of races. I was getting killed. I got bike envy and HAD TO GET SOMETHING FAST! Bike America had a sale on a 2005 Felt S25. MSRP $1850, got it for $1300. I had to have it.

Used it this Sunday for a Tri. HOLY MOLY FAST! Improved my time almost 3 minutes over 10 miles. I used to struggle to hold 20-21 mph, now I was easily maintaining 23-24 mph for the first 3 miles with a slight tail wind!!

Only problem, and it must be my setup, is my right knee cap (patella) is sore. I can't wait until it feels better, get a few good training runs in and do my next Tri. The bike used to be my weakest event. NO MORE! Too bad they don't make this model anymore, very sweet for the price. I can't imagine how fast I'll go when I get the ZIPPS put on.

For 2006, the S32 looks great and the S22 looks awesome. If you have the money get the S22, if not I bet the S32 is very fast too! Good luck on your search.

Favorite Ride:   Fast and Flat

Purchased At:   Bike America

Similar Products Used:   None. Just my road bike.

Bike Setup:   Stock