Felt SC1 Road Bike

Designed for professional level duty, the SC1 matches a Felt custom formed Easton Scandium tube set with Felt's carbon fiber wishbone seat stays. The down tube and seat tube are bulge butted at the bottom bracket for maximum stiffness while the carbon rear stays and Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork provide a smooth, balanced ride.

Submitted by cactaylor@shaw.ca a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2009

Strengths:    The frame is extremely stiff and fast. It responds to every little touch or twitch. The carbon seat stays, fork, and seat post dampen well and look good. Even though the majority of the bike is aluminum it does not matter. It is still stiff and durable.

Weaknesses:    None really, except the tubing could be more aero and the internal cable routing was a little difucult to install.

Bottom Line:
Altogether this bike is amazing. I have a Felt SC1 with soon to be upgraded parts. The frame is extremely light and durable. The bike is extremely stiff and the carbon stays, fork, and seat post dampen quite well. The bike is quite good looking and just looks fast.

Favorite Ride:   Anything Uphill

Purchased At:   Pro City Cycle

Similar Products Used:   This frame was an upgrade from a Trek 1000sl and that was my first bike so I cannot really compare.

Bike Setup:   I have a Felt SC1 frame with Bontrager handlebars and Vision clip on aero bars. I also have a Bontrager seat and stem, and currently Shimano Tiagra as well as Bontrager SSR wheels but I am upgrading my groupset to Sram Rival in the next couple days as well as Bontrager Race Lite Aero wheels. I also have a Cateye strada computer and roughly 500km on this frame, 1000+ in my lifetime.

Submitted by Scott a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2007

Strengths:    Light, Fast, Black, Responsive and Stiff. A really good frame that was exactly what I wanted. I am 6'4" 185 pounds so the bike is perfect since it doesnt sag under sprints and is still comfortable enought to do 100+ mile rides. Great comprimise between steel, carbon, and aluminium. Its got the best of all three.

Weaknesses:    My only complaint is that the tubing could be more aero.

Bottom Line:
Awesome responsive bike. What can I say, its a Pro-Level frame. I like solid responsive bikes and was looking for a quick bike, but one that could also absorb some of road vibrations. This bike has exceeded all my expectations. It was a grat purchase.

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Tarmac, Willier, Cannondale Six13, Cervelo Soloist.

Bike Setup:   Full Dura Ace with Ksyrium Elite wheels.

Submitted by mhg77 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2005

Strengths:    -Super light
-Stiff and fast, yet not a harsh ride

Weaknesses:    -The incessant internal cable routing rattle
-A little pricy at $4200ish, but not ridiculous considering the set up.

Bottom Line:
This is a review after test-riding this bike. Really loved the feel of the bike. Very stiff yet as comfortable as any of the other Aluminum bikes I tested. Reacts well to jumping with power and just feels fast. Very Light as well.

One annoying thing about it, (maybe this was just the one I rode), with its internal cable routing, the cable was bouncing around all over in the top tube driving me crazy rattling...and that was for only 20 minutes. There's gotta be something that could be done to fix that or rig it?

Purchased At:   n/a