Felt Z6 Road Bike

• Shimano 10-Speed chain
  • 11-28T cassette

Submitted by Cody Krecicki a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2012

Strengths:    Light as a feather, smooth gears built I to grips, good stock seat

Weaknesses:    Gears need some breaking in.

Bottom Line:
I just bought one this afternoon. Never have I riden in such a hill stricken area but this bike performed very well. It flys when you get going. If you've never had a real road bike the gears take some getting used too.

Purchased At:   Try It Sports

Similar Products Used:   Motobecane Cafe Late

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by louis jones

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2012

Strengths:    unbeleivabal

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
whats to review

Submitted by Tom J

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2012

Strengths:    Frame, Geometry, Comfort

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
Purchased this bike last week, 2012 model, so far really impressed. I am 50yrs old and getting back into cycling after a long break. Other bike is an 85 Merckx/Campy. So, this is a big change. Love the Carbon Fiber Frame, very smooth, soft ride, super responsive. Shimano components are ok so far after only 100 miles. The compactness of the frame is taking some gettig used to. The oly low point I can find is the saddle, of course that is a very personal thing as you all know.

The fit and finsh of the bike is grea, paint is great. Awesome looking machine for sure.

So far I am thrilled!!

Submitted by biker chick guy

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth, strong, light, stiff, great handling, beautiful paintjob

Weaknesses:    bad components, heavy wheels, long toptube

Bottom Line:
I am 12 years old, and have done competitive biking for the last year. I used to have the trek 7.5 fx with carbon fiber front fork. It was a great bike, but I was in a bad need for a road bike. I had studied expensive specialized bikes, cheap trek bikes, and Craigslist used bikes. But one day I walked in this store, and noticed a brand that was new to me. It was called "Felt". After some studying I got the z6 felt bike, and have won several competitions since then. It handles like a beast, I swiftly maneuver through winding paths leaving others in the dust. Hills no longer represent a threat to me, for this bike was made for the tough climbs in the Rocky Mountains. I can have a relaxed position or a more aggressive one, making city rides more fun. The vibrations of the road are absorbed by the flexing frame, and thrown out the window, but the stiffnes still remains. Truely the best bike for the money, whether you are a bike obsessed maniac or a comfort seeking city mouse, this bike fits your needs.

Submitted by Matthew Curtis

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2012

Strengths:    Super strong frame. A bike to buy and gradually or in one hit change parts and it'll become a great performer.

Weaknesses:    Defo the microshift (and mix and match of components) but thats a personal opinion. Parts on the bike rust easily, great attention to getting it dry and keeping clean or you will soon see this bike with OE looking 3yrs old in three months riding in bad weather.

Bottom Line:
Agree the frame is solid strong, bought this as a winter trainer but I could not get along with the Microshifters after being a shimano rider all my life. I'm 6'1 on a 58cm frame and I find the reach a little long on the top tube to the hoods on the bars. 3months went by and I stripped the whole frame down and replaced with the 6700 ultegra groupset as it was so annoyed with the gearing. The reality is the Felt is running three different manufacturers, MicroShift, Shimano and FSA. Are they ever going to run cleanly as a designated groupset which have been designed to work with each other! They should of done the bike with 1 groupset from 1 manufacturer. The Mavic rims and Felt hubs are heavy but they can take the knocks of todays roads, note the QR rusted really easily. Theses have now been changed now for some RS80 C24's as with the tires for Schwalbe. The seat is nice and comfortable but the outer material is cracking around the edges (very strangely). Nice ajustments on the headset, great range of positions.