FOCUS Bikes Cayo 4.0 Road Bike

The Cayo 4.0 is perfect for the entry-level racer or cycling enthusiast. Focus has refined the design for 2011, with a full carbon frame, Shimano 105 components, and the DT Swiss R 1900 Wheelset. The result is a well-rounded, competition-worthy bike that masters the delicate balance between high quality and low price. Like the top-of-the-line Pro models, the Cayo frame is made in Germany using a special Carbon Layup procedure which reduces tubing wall thickness to shave grams and increase stif

Submitted by Randy a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2011

Strengths:    stiff, responsive

Weaknesses:    no quality control

Bottom Line:
decently designed bike with 0 quality control. Not worth the risk

I bought my cayo in Madrid, and what a nightmare. The bike was obviously bad from the start, and the store without using any tools to check, declared it perfict. Focus in europe gives no phone number to contact on their website, and did´nt respond to my e-mails. The american distributor for focus tried to get focus europe to get in touch with me, but focus still never contact me.
When i finally found a shop with tools to check the bikes alignment, it was a mess. The rear dropouts were so badly twisted from the factory, that it was obvious that focus does not check their bikes before they leave the factory. The frame was also out of alignment, and the forks would so badly manufactured, they could even get the park tool inserted to check it. All of this is very obvious that your buying a bike from a company with NO quality control.

My only exception is buying the bike in the States. I spoke with the distributor twice, and they were very nice, and did try to help me, even though they I live in europe. I´m sure if I had bought the bike in the US, they would have stood behind the bike. Acutally if I had bought the bike in the US, it would have been imedietly swapped out for a correctly built one, and I would now be happily riding a focus.

Favorite Ride:   9w in nj