FOCUS Bikes Izalco Expert Road Bike

• Store Price

Focus IzalcoTria is a perfect bikeTo build up forTri-athalon racing. Focus has spent years perfectingThe geometry ofTheirTri-athalon bikes. WithThis frame/ fork combo being so deeply discounted, you'll enjoyThat more money can be allocatedTo components. Full Carbon FrameCarbon Fork

Submitted by NE a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2011

Strengths:    Overall ride quality is superb, very responsive and quick out of the saddle yet also comfortable for longer rides, great looking paint and design. Awsome value for money.

Weaknesses:    Focus are maybe a smidgen heavier than other frames, but I've read that they're also built to last and won't crack or fracture if you crash. I swapped out the OEM Campy wheels and Fizik Arione saddle and haven't even noticed. Also, I don't like the seat post so that may get changed.

Bottom Line:
Great bike! I bought the Expert before Focus changed their naming system and paint scheme, but I think the frames are the same. This is an awsome bike at any price. It's fast, comfortable, climbs and sprints extremely well and is capable of just about anything. Focus balanced out everything so it just feels right when you ride it the first time. I couldn't be happier with it. Parts were all high quality. In my case it was Chorus and FSA throughout; no hidden cheap brands where they think you wouldn't notice. You get a lot of bike for the money. I'm rating it 4 stars not because I have a fault with the ride, but I'm not going to compare it to what are probably true 5 stars like a Madone 6 series, a SuperSix Evo, a Venge or a Dogma, but I think most riders will be more than happy with this bike and pocket the savings.