FOCUS Bikes Izalco Team Replica Road Bike

To ride like a Pro, you need a professional level bike.The IzalcoTeam Replica is justThat. Constructed out of carbon, and paired with SRAM Force components,This bike is builtTo win. Known forTheir German quality, and muted design, Focus features excellent features at a great price.The frame's integrated cableTunneling makes for a sleek look, and optimal performance.The conical headTube creates a stiffer front end. The most notable benefit ofThe IzalcoTeam Replica isThe Stable Stiffness Per Size(

Submitted by Tyler a Commuter

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2012

Strengths:    Light and fast. Plus it has SRAM force which blows away ultegra.

Weaknesses:    Twitchy and stiff, which yes, makes it faster, but it was a huge adjustment from the Tarmac.

Bottom Line:
As mostly a commuter, not racer, this bike might have been more than I can handle, literally. But every time I take of the luggage, and ride the trails, I remember why I bought this bike. It is by far the fastest bike I have ever ridden. Out of the corners it explodes with power; on the sprints I just try to hold on; and the hills have never been more fun!

Favorite Ride:   Santa Barbara Mts

Purchased At:   Mikes Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Tarmac Pro and Masi Gran Corsa

Bike Setup:   SRAM force, Dtswiss wheels, Easton ec90 handlebars, Specialized carbon stem, Fizik arione seat, Vittoria open corsa, Tubus fly rack

Submitted by john a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2011

Strengths:    this bike is stiff.bb30 is real stiff.this is good if you want to haul.ive pushed this thing through corners at speed.

Weaknesses:    ride is pro level might be to stiff for some.

Bottom Line:
i tried to hop on diffrent bikes sight unseen to get what felt like the best fit.its hard not to get caught up in a name or style.the best thing i think is to know how much you want to spend but not let that be the end all be all facture.

Favorite Ride:   grand fondo

Purchased At:   mikes bikes

Similar Products Used:   tested many bikes but this felt like the glove that fit.:)

Bike Setup:   stock sram force,installed es mavics i had in stock.):

Submitted by Luke Butler a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff yet light frame,
stable yet nimble geometry
instant responsiveness
wisdom beyond it years in looks thanks to tasteful livery
good mix of grouppo and cockpit gives me full control

Weaknesses:    the standard wheelset DT Swiss 1640 have let the bike down hence the upgrade to the Edge 66mm, with poor quality spokes and a heavey wheelset. I have had spokes snap when the bike is just sitting there waiting to be used. This is a common problem as I know of others who had the same issue and have also upgraded their wheels.

Bottom Line:
When I bought this awesome machine I did some upgrades fromt he start. the Gruppo got upgraded to SRAM Red all round, a Quarq Power meter installed, Ritchey Pro WCS Classic bend bars and a Ritchey Pro WCS 110mm stem, Edge 66mm crabon tubular wheels Look Kep Max pedal.

Right from day this bike has proven to be the stiffest yet most compliant and comfortable ride, when I stand on the pedals it goes forward and fast. when I find the road going up the bike does the job effortlessly. Descending the bike is sure footed stable and direct. I love the direct feeling in the steering and how nimble the bike feels with out being twitchy or scary.
The look of the bike is very appealing to, the black and white ina tasteful combination gives this bike a classy look and puts in the same group as the higher end machines with far more Cred from years of being in the Pro Peloton.

Favorite Ride:   Wineries and Beaches NSW Australia