FOCUS Bikes Variado Road Bike

Jam packed with high end components, the Variado 1.0 looks like it was plucked straight from the peloton. Weighing in at a nice 20.61lbs (without pedals), the Variado 1.0 is light, stiff and sports looks that could kill. Armed with Ultegr...

Submitted by matt a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2011

Strengths:    Frame is nice quality. Stiff and a super smooth ride.

Weaknesses:    Wheels, stem and seat post are all to heavy. The bike could be 3lbs lighter with a little nicer kit. Bar tape already needs rewraped.

Bottom Line:
I purchased this bike on closeout from jensonusa. It is an unbelievable deal at 750 shipped. The bike comes with tiagra all around other than a 50-34 fsa double crank. So far I have around 100 miles on it and could not be more impressed. The ride is so smooth, fast and comfortable. My las bike was a 58 this one is a 62 so the fit helps a ton. Shifting is great, breaks are strong, frame is very stiff and the carbon fork makes for smoooooth riding. My average speed is about 2mph faster. I did swap the wheels for my mavic akasiums. The rodi stylis rims that come on the bike are heavy, but bomb proof. The mavics make a huge difference. I put the rodi wheels on my cyclocross bike and have been rampaging single track and they are still 100%true. So they are good wheels, must heavy.
Buy a focus the frames are awesome!

Favorite Ride:   long and flat

Purchased At:   jensonusa

Similar Products Used:   Trek x01. Specialized secter sport.

Bike Setup:   Tiagra brakes, derailers shifters. Fsa crank. Aftermarket mavic wheels.