Fuji Bicycles CCR2 Road Bike

• Chain: KMC DX-10, 10-speed
  • Tubes: CST Ultralight presta

Submitted by Steve Barney a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable, quick, pretty light, great value

Weaknesses:    Didn't like the original wheel set.

Bottom Line:
I really like this bike. Bought it new in the late Fall of 2010 (it is a 2008). Liked it a lot when I first got it, but have since upgraded it to a full Ultegra 6700 component group, and what a difference! Faster, more responsive, and great braking. Not to mention losing some serious weight. With the Easton SA90 SLX wheel set, it is now a sub 16 lb. bike. I use it for "credit card" touring, so I have kept an alloy seat post (so I can clamp on a Topeak I-Beam rack and panniers), and it is a great bike for this purpose, as long as you dont go crazy with the weight in the panniers (I max it about 15 lbs.). It is also a joy just to ride around at anytime. My other bike cost a lot more (and I really enjoy it too), and it is not as stiff or fast, but it is quick enough for my purposes, and very comfortable! If you can get one (or whatever the new Fuji equivalent would be), it's a good bike to begin with, and certainly one th grow with and upgrade. Recommended!

Favorite Ride:   Country roads

Similar Products Used:   2011 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3 Dura Ace

Bike Setup:   Bike now has a complete Ultegra 6700 component group (shift levers, compact crank, front and rear derailleurs, and brakes), uses either Mavic Ksyrium Elites or Easton EA90 SLX wheel sets, Forte' carbon bars, Ritchey Stem and Seat post, Specialized Toupe saddle.

Submitted by Scott Landgraf a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight, trouble-free, reliable.

Weaknesses:    Not crazy about the color scheme, but it has grown on me.

Bottom Line:
My first serious bike. Have ridden about 4,000 miles, including 3 centuries. Zero mechanical issues, and I ride a lot of hills in that require a lot of shifting. Seems to be every bit the equal of my friends' bikes (Felt, Trek, Orbea) and costs less. Excellent value!

Favorite Ride:   Lynchburg, TN

Purchased At:   Madison Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Have a 20-year old Cannondale I rode back in the day; no real comparison.

Bike Setup:   Stock set up with triple crank. Use Time RXS pedals and have swapped seats a couple times.

Submitted by neileys a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2010

Strengths:    Weight, Components, Color, Price

Weaknesses:    Not as plush as CCR would imply

Bottom Line:
2009 CCR-2
Upgraded the handlebars to E3 Carbons (on sale for $149) and the front derailer to an Ultegra. Ride is pretty smooth although not as nice as the 2009 Specialized Roubaix Elite I compared it to. Didn't care for the Roubaix brakes nor the sound of pebbles constantly pinging off of the brakes because of the tires that seemed to be pebble magnets. I'm 5'10.5" and ended up with the M/L with a 10cm stem (down from 12) and it seems to fit pretty well.

Favorite Ride:   Any road sans cars

Purchased At:   PerformanceBike

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Roubaix Elite
Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5

Bike Setup:   E3 carbon bars, ultegra F/R derailers, 11x28 cassette

Submitted by Sashana a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2010

Strengths:    This bike is on rails in corners, very stiff when hammering out of the saddle, lightweight on the climbs. Brakes are good.

Weaknesses:    I'm not crazy about the compact crankset, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet(I had a triple on my other roadie).

Bottom Line:
Actually a 2009, it's a good smooth ride. The wheelset I think is good at this pricepoint, a lot lighter than my previous roadie. This bike is so comfortable, whether on the hoods or in the drops. Very nice handling, even when my mind wanders and I hit a pothole. The carbon frame helps take care of the road buzz I had with my aluminum framed bike. And, it's a beautiful bike to look at.

Favorite Ride:   Estrella area

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   Motobecane Vent Noir, 2008

Bike Setup:   105 shifters/brake levers, Shimano brakes, 105 f. de. Ultegra r. de. Shimano RS10 wheelset, FSA Gossamer compact crankset.

Submitted by alrgardner a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
purchased ccr2 in 2008. No serious crashes. In Oct 2009 noted cracks in top tube. Has been returned to dealer for what will hopefully be warranty coverage. No explanation for the crack that I can think of.

53cm Fuji CCR2

So I typically ride a 53/54cm frame (I am relatively new to cycling, I used to barrow spare bikes for rides and have tried these frame sizes at a LBS and know these three sizes to be good fits, typically) but after placing a bid on a 53cm 2008 Fuji CCR2 I read somewhere that Fuji bikes do not size s ... Read More »

Got me a 2008 Fuji CCR2

What an awesome bike! Any other owners here? Let's see them! [IMG]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/PukaMiniBulldogs/20120616_160835.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/PukaMiniBulldogs/20120616_160826.jpg[/IMG]Read More »

Fuji CCR2 help

I'm looking at a used CCR2 and I'm trying to determine the year. It's has a 105/Ultagra mix, orange, silver, and carbon. The seller claims it's a 2010 52cm, but I'm only finding it in those colors in a 2008, and not. offered in a 52 but a 53. [IMG]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/PukaMin ... Read More »