Fuji Bicycles Finest AL Road Bike

Headset: 1" threadless Tien Hsin
Front Der: Shimano Sora Triple, bottom-pull/clamp-on 28.6mm
Crankset: TruVativ Touro, 30/42/52 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano Sora GS
Pedals: Wellgo road w/clips and straps
Tires: 700 x 23c Continental Sport 1000

Submitted by brucemip a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2009

Strengths:    solid feel, responsive, no noise from shifters,frame or crank. Light weight.

Weaknesses:    A little stiff, crome molly fork. Would be better with the carbon fork.

Bottom Line:
Was into mountain bike and wanted to get back into road bike but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a high end bike. A friend offered this bike for sale to me at a price I could not pass up. He said out of all of his high end bikes, carbon,titanium,(5 in all) this one was the most solid and reliable bike of them all. I didn't total believe him at the time until I road it, and yes it is very tight and solid, shifting is dead on, smooth, forget the brand names so many people are hung up on. I have ridden enough to know good components and this is one of them.

Purchased At:   from a friend

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Road, Vitus Carbon Fiber, Specialized Allez, Specialize Stumpjumper

Submitted by Albert Rodriguez a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2007

Strengths:    I just think it looks great. Adjustable handle bars, carbon fork and shifter/break levers.

Weaknesses:    saddle, changed to a forte T1 tri saddle

Bottom Line:
This is my first road bike. I love it. It is easy to ride, the shifters make it easy to keep your eyes on the road. It is smooth and the carbon fork not only looks good but keep the road from beating up your upper body.

Favorite Ride:   67 chevy II

Purchased At:   Performance bike

Similar Products Used:   Raleigh $615

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by jhesusjhamez a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2006

Strengths:    light in weight and price (24 lbs)

Weaknesses:    I believe I was fit for a larger bike than I should have been, 61 instead of a 60 (charts say 58cm) at no fault to the Fuji organization. After some adjustments...I'm a-okay G.I.

Bottom Line:
This could be a 2003 and I just don't know it. I love this bike. Now, I have to admit, I got a good deal with this since the other road bike I wanted...they didn't have my / and wife's size. We both bought the Fuji Finest-AL's and they put on carbon forks for free (no labor, even). www.bikesdirect.com (local store in Gilbert, AZ) Anywho, I've been riding this for almost 6 months now and love the bike. We went on the Tour de Farm (www.tourdefarm) this year, our first rally, and the bikes kicked butocks! I don't know if it was me or the fancy old people with $2k bikes + matching outfits riding really, really slow...but I didn't do half bad when I passed 2/3 of the pack on a 70 mile ride! And I'm 34! All I can say is this is a great bike for the price and anyone...and I mean anyone, who starts riding road bikes at any age is "good people" by me!

jhesusjhamez (QC, AZ) 2006

Favorite Ride:   Fuji Finest-AL

Purchased At:   Bikesdirect.com

Similar Products Used:   None...I did extensive online research and consulted a hand-full of friends that are road fanatics.

Bike Setup:   Main Frame Fuji custom butted 7005 alloy with Power Diamond down tube, Rear Triangle Fuji custom tapered 7005 series aluminum Fuji forged road dropout with replaceable derailleur hanger and eyelet - Stock with Shimano Sora derailers. Wheels are Class RKO? and Continental Sport 1000 tires, Ritchey neck, and blah...

Submitted by de.abeja a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2006

Strengths:    Light quick and nimble (compared to what I know) Cheap (always a plus in my book)

Weaknesses:    The shop who assembled my bike were a bunch of hacks, the first hill climb resulted in a toe strap falling off, and the rear derailleur not staying in a single gear, then the adjustable stem started to get loose ending up completely sloppy by the time i got home. The saddle was ok, but I still replaced it with a Fly.

Bottom Line:
My first road bike ever and I like it. Always rode 24"BMX and MTB's, the transition was like going from driving a diesel pickup to a Lotus. I find myself going twice the distance I plan on going before I even realize it.

Favorite Ride:   any

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   specialized cyclocross bike (can't remember the name)

Bike Setup:   Stock except Terry Fly saddle, and a Forte' one piece stem.

Submitted by wrxmud a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2006

Strengths:    Price, price and price, same bike as the 2006 Trek 1000, same component set, very similar front end, and $170 less. The Quality was very good out of the box had slight problem with derailleur, but nothing really serious and I had it fixed at the 100 mile tune up (yes, more than 100 miles in 4 days, I'm addicted)

Weaknesses:    Derailleur misalignment (easily fixed by someone who knows what they are doing), the saddle will leave you bruised in all the wrong places.

Bottom Line:
I got this bike a few days ago, it is my first road bike, but i have been riding downhill mtb seriously for about 4 years. Before I purchased this I was ride a friend's Trek 1500 (a $1,050 bike) and to be honest, other than the few pounds of weight and the slighly stiffer shifts, its practically the same. I got a late 2005 LE model with a 9 speed rear and carbon front fork, I highly sugest you get some sort of carbon fork greatly reduces road vibration .

Purchased At:   Performance Bike Sho