Fuji Bicycles Newest 2.0 Road Bike

• Spokes: 14G Stainless Steel
  • Brake levers: NEW Shimano Sora STI

Submitted by chrisrowen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight, good looks, reasonable price

Weaknesses:    Harsh on bumps, front derailer shifting is unrelaible. Rear wheel is weak

Bottom Line:
Disappointed with this bike. Good looking and light, but that is all I can say. Extremely harsh on normal street bumps, shifting is ureliable - especially the front derailer. Back wheel can handle my 200 lb weight without warping and popping spokes. Replaced a 20 year old Trek Elance with this bike and it was a big step backwards (other than being lighter weight)

Purchased At:   Performance

Bike Setup:   Shimano Sora shifters and 105 derailers

Submitted by j.paje a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2008

Strengths:    Fast, fun, easy to ride

Weaknesses:    the adjustable frunt stem of the handlebars gets noisy.

Bottom Line:
i love this bike. its fast, light, and saving me tons of money from gas. I used to have a schwinn mountain bike that was heavy and bulky. not to mention it got stolen. so i baught a road bike because my uncle incisted that it was better for comuting.

Purchased At:   Performance Bicycles

Submitted by tiredat5 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2008

Strengths:    good for a beginner. decent shimano components. rides fast. easily upgradeable

Weaknesses:    back wheel pops spokes easily although i am a heavy and taller person. i relaced it with a mavic rim and ultegra hub. too much flex in the adjustable stem. relaced with a solid easton stem.

Bottom Line:
was mountain biking for years but moved to a town with little trails. bought the fuji newest 2.0 and traded the mountain bike. good looking bike.decent components but can be upgraded. didnt really like the adjustable stem but it gave me an idea what angle stem i needed .

Favorite Ride:   GT outpost

Purchased At:   sports replay

Similar Products Used:   none

Bike Setup:   mavic open pro rear rim. easton stem. removed the extra front and rear brake levers from the handlebar and installed michelin blue tires. everything else is stock so far.

Submitted by anthonysaracino a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2008

Strengths:    Great price, fast.

Weaknesses:    Shifting can be choppy, adjustable handlebar stem noisy.

Bottom Line:
Got this bike completely oblivious to road biking as I was doing a charity ride. Find the bike excellent to ride. A bit harsh at times but overall nothing too bad. On climbs out of the saddle or sprints, gears sometimes jump or don't shift smoothly probably due to them being lower end components. For the price it was great to get me hooked on the sport.

2010 Specialized Allez vs. 2009 Fuji Newest 2.0

Hey All, I'm new to these parts and this is my first post. My names Jeff and I'm a 6 foot tall, 288 pound (130kg) cycling newbie. I'm 31 years old, married and I'm the father of two, soon to be three children. Money is very tight and buying a bike may not be the best idea for us but I have to ... Read More »

New bike coming ! Fuji Newest 2.0

First short bio. (i know wveryone hates bio's) !!!! 46 yrs old 6'4" 195, need to lose 10. I am going from a Hybrid I have been riding for the last 3 years only rec. riding and a few charity here and there. I want to train for 50 mi this season and 100 for next year. I should be getting my new ... Read More »

My first (real) bike! '06 Fuji Newest 2.0

Hello everyone! I'm just about to purchase my first bike (picking it up tomorrow at noon). I decided on the Fuji Newest 2.0 ([URL="http://www.fujibikes.com/2006/bikes.asp?id=130"]LINK[/URL]) since I am new to cycling and want to make sure I am "dedicated" before purchasing something nicer... From ... Read More »