Fuji Bicycles Newest 3.0 Road Bike

• Bottom bracket: Sealed Cartridge Bearing ST
  • Pedals: Wellgo Road w/clips and straps
  • Cassette: SunRace CSR-638, 12-24T 8-speed
  • Tires: Kenda K-152, 700 X 25c
  • Headset: Ritchey LB 1 1/8"

Submitted by Meredith

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2015

Strengths:    Light bike, smooth on pavement, especially with carbon fiber front forks!

Weaknesses:    Stem gets slightly loose after several rides. Suicide brakes just get in the way.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike as an upgrade from my walmart mountain bike with the intent to continue doing longer distance rides. This bike is great for an average rider like me and I found it in my size! The front forks are carbon fiber and it's very noticeable how smooth it is! I rode it for about 300 miles before I finally removed the suicide brakes, they are nice for someone who is learning to ride with drop bars, but eventually are annoying and just get in the way. I also added a rear rack, new grip tape, a cyclocomputer, extra bottle rack, lights and entry level SPD pedals which I really like. This bike is great for riding aorund town and for long distance rides. I have never had a porblems and try my best to maintain the bike the best I can. Someday I will upgrade to a higher quality bike, but I have been impressed with the performance of this one and don't feel the need to change the seat or much else until it either falls apart or I become a professional! ;) For an entry level road bike, it's great quality and I am very happy with it after putting over 1,000 miles on it. I would definately recommend it to a friend!

Submitted by Giovanni Velasco

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2012

Strengths:    Good entry-level bike, quick/precise shifting, ability to adjust your stem.

Weaknesses:    Sora Components are not the best, tires get worn out easily, cross tops are not needed and add weight to the bar.

Bottom Line:
This is my first official road bike. I have owned it for a little less than a year and have probably put close to 1,000 miles on it. I upgraded the pedals from standard pedals to the Shimano SPD Road pedal (good entry level pedal). I have really no problems with it except early on I had a tough time shifting to the big chainring when I was in the middle. A simple cable adjustment fixed that problem. If you really get into riding, I suggest upgrading the crank because it is heavy, but just a few months ago I began to notice that the crank got rusty in a few places. Overall, this is a great bike. I hope to be making some adjustments to it in the neat future. As one mechanic I talked to quoted,"A very appropriate bike to begin on." I recommend this bike for anyone!

Submitted by Mario

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2012

Strengths:    Light, the gears are smooth and quick, the bike looks so nice I always want to ride!

Weaknesses:    I'm trying to lose weight and the seat is a racing seat, so it hurts my huge behind.

Bottom Line:
I bought the absolute 3.0 for fitness purposes. I'm getting complements at work and I feel a lot better. The price was right for a hybrid performance bike and honestly I LOVE riding it. People normally complement me on it. I got it in white. I normally stick to the road and bike trails ( paved ) it performs great!

Submitted by cdavis1911 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2009

Strengths:    Good handling, Triple Chain ring. Good brakes.

Weaknesses:    Sora products are horrible. Tires worn quickly. Ajustable stem becomes loose after a few rides.

Bottom Line:
I actually own a 2009 model. I added clipless pedals and a saddle bag. Although it's lighter than my previous ride ( a mountain bike from walmart) its still a bit heavy as far as road bikes are concerned. Not particularly fond of the extra brake handles on the handle bars. Good entry level bike for the money.

Favorite Ride:   Around Stone Mountain Park

Purchased At:   Performance Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   First road bike, but not the last.

Bike Setup:   Stock except for the Forte clipless pedals

Submitted by lhsairplanes a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2009

Strengths:    Carbon Fork
Integrated Shift/Brake Lever
Triple Chainring
Good Handling

Weaknesses:    Cheap Wheels (rims), Sora Components, Uncomfortable Saddle

Bottom Line:
After riding 200 miles, I find that the 23 lb frame is a BIT heavy, but the strenths I saw were good. Strengths and Weaknesses are listed below. Good value though. (FUJI bikes say the bike weighs 25lbs, but in reality, its 23 LBS, just like the more expensive FUJI NEWEST 2.0)

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Bike Setup:   I added clipless pedals, cyclocomputer, 2 water bottle cages and a saddlebag to the bike.