Fuji Bicycles Professional Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Hutchinson Fusion Comp

Submitted by sgd26 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2006

Strengths:    Stiffness
Road Dampening

Weaknesses:    Saddle!!!!

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike to prepare for an upcoming ride in my area. It's my first road bike, so I wanted a bike that I could grow into. I have found the Fuji Pro to be a compotent all around ride. I purchased the DA version, and have been pretty happy with the overall experience. The stock saddle on this bike is horrible, as my butt will attest. I am swaping out the stock Selle Italia C2, for a Selle SMP Strike Pro. I have also had to have multiple adjustments done to the drive train (i.e. poor shifting, BB creaking). Although, the topography of my riding area is hilly, this bike seems to answer whatever I throw at it. The frame is stiff, but absorbs alot of the bumps of poorly maintained asphalt. This is not a high end boutique type custom bike, but you will get alot of bang for your buck from the Fuji Pro.

Favorite Ride:   Chester Co. PA

Price Paid:    $2099.00

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Bike Setup:   05 Fuji Professional, DA drivetrain, Ultegra brakes, FSA Carbon Team Issue crank and headset, Ritchey Pro stem and seat post, Easton Circuit wheels, Vittoria Diamante Carbon tires, Selle SMP Strike Pro, Cateye CD300DW

Submitted by sam murry a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2006

Strengths:    Stiffness. Ridden up to a century without fatigue, but still screams uphill.

Weaknesses:    build by performance.

Bottom Line:
The bike itself has been great. The build by perf. has been iffy at best. First ride, the seat linkage fell apart. Switched out wheels to a performance build Mavic open pro. Wheels stay true for about 12-15 seconds, regardless of mechanic. Very stiff frame, but absorbs a ton. Only 1,000 miles so far, but love the bike itself.

Favorite Ride:   hwy 38 san bernardino forest

Purchased At:   performance

Bike Setup:   stock, except Mavic Open Pro rims.

Submitted by dpauff a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2006

Strengths:    light weight and very comfortable.

Weaknesses:    I wish it had internal cables. That would clean up the look.

Bottom Line:
Great bike listed at only 16.4 pounds, it climbs effortlessly, well maybe some effort, but less then most. The accelleration off the corners is awesome. Very comfortable on long rides and well as stiff enough to jump for the sprint. Looks real nice with the carbon weave on the seat and down tubes.

Favorite Ride:   any

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Similar Products Used:   2000 Bianchi veloce

Bike Setup:   Stock- FSA carbon crank, 10 spd campy chorus, carbon brake levers and rear derailleur, richey Pro stem, seatpost and bars, and Campagnolo Vento Wheelset.

Submitted by poonworks a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2006

Strengths:    light, stiff, good price, good value for money, all carbon, frame lists at 2.4 lbs

Weaknesses:    none yet that I have found

Bottom Line:
2005 Fuji Profesional Full Carbon.
Bought the frame only on e-bay.
excellent ride! light, stiff. loaded it up with top shelf components, got it down to 14.5 lbs. so far, so good.
hills, no problem! very comfortable on longer rides as well! Riding from Calgary Alberta Canada to Austin Texas with this bike starting Sept 27/06!
will do updated review in future!

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   aluminum bikes.

Submitted by alem1583 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2005

Strengths:    Stiffness and energy transfer.
Beefy carbon, esp. at the BB
Good selection of components, esp FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue Cranks

Weaknesses:    crappy looking plastic emblem on the chainstay, Dura Ace Brakes would have been nice. Original price was high, similarly spec'd bikes could be had for a lower MSRP.

Bottom Line:
Fantastic Ride, the components were solid. The thing about the bike is that it is very very stiff laterally, but still can soak up a good amount of the rough stuff on the road, not everything, but a lot. It has a very lively road feel, descending and cornering very precisely.
The bike looks a bit smaller than it is, my 58 looks much smaller than it is, almost a semi-compact design.
Coming from a steel bike, I enjoy the stiff ride and actually think the bike is able to soak up much of what my steel rig could.
I could have done without the plastic emblem on the chainstay, and would preferred a front deraileur tab rather than a wrap around. But those things are relatively minor.

Favorite Ride:   Buffalo - Salamanca NY