Fuji Bicycles SST 1.0 Road Bike

4.8/5 (10 Reviews)

D6 high modulus carbon w/ RIB Tech, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, integrated aero seat tube, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB-86 shell, double water bottle mounts.

Submitted by Endorph1

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2013

Strengths:    Fast... fast, fast, fast. Acceleration is unique, this is a stiff racing bike, but there is more to it....and I haven't quite figured out all of the whats. The bike is extremely balanced, and corners and climbs unlike anything that I have ever ridden. There is something very special about this bike.

Weaknesses:    Perhaps a tiny bit too flashy... I saw it in a store and told myself that I wouldn't be caught dead in city traffic, for fear of somebody recognizing me riding it. (The bike shop pro had me demo this bike and it blew my mind.) I still have a Tarmac Pro (Full Durace, with Renolds carbon ws), that I have ridden competively for 5 years. I wished I could somehow figure out how to race myself on both bikes. I think that the Fuji would win... it certainly has faster Garmin high end speeds on identical routes. (Climb and descent.) It weighs 20 ounces more than my specialized. I am going to switch wheels on the next ride and see if these "Ovals" are helping, or hurting it.

Bottom Line:
Best Super fast bike for the money... hands down! Check that.... the price is not part of the equation. I wouldn't sell it, if somebody offered me for 3 grand more than I paid. These bikes are gone... no more anywhere. My buddy went in to order one. Fuji is out of this 2012 SST... And they won't be making any more. They told me that Fuji split up the SST line into three versions for the 2013 models. I haven't been able to verify it on their website, but rumor has it that they tri-furcated the SST line.... into the 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3. One of those three will be the high end version, with full Durace (Including crank), but the wheel set drops from 958 to 945... (whatever that means). BTW... this bike has full durace... but not durace crank set... the 2012 SST has roto 30 crank.

Submitted by Airstallion

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2013

Strengths:    Stiff, zero flex, super fast bike!

Weaknesses:    Oval 50mm wheels on the heavy side, rolls fine. The front one is the heaviest.??

Bottom Line:
I could flex virtually any bike during acceleration, no this one. It just take off like a motorbike.Very confidence at high speed downhill. Just get some lightweight wheels and it will climb by itself!

Submitted by Lex2003is3 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2012

Strengths:    stiff sprint light enough for the climbs handle like it is on rails pinarello might be a ferrari or lambo but this bike is like a gt-r LFA they way this bike is built you can tell the strength and feel it when you are riding down the road i have the limited edition matt black and love the style

Weaknesses:    from the internal cable it rattles a little but can be fixed with some tape

Bottom Line:
coming from a mid range bianchi carbon aluminum frame it was a big difference you definitely can feel the road. the way the bike handles is amazing and the price is out of this world this bike competes with top of the line with much lower price tag. I built the bike from a frameset. the bike went together like butter and rides like a dream a+++++ fuji thank you for a great product

Favorite Ride:   fuji sst 1.0

Purchased At:   pedal sports oakland

Similar Products Used:   pinarello fuji specilized bianchi

Bike Setup:   ultegra componest k force crank easton ea 90 sl wheels and zipp 404's

Submitted by Nacaro

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2012

Strengths:    Stifff!!!!!. Responsive. Good for hills. Perfect for sprints and close gaps.

Weaknesses:    Non

Bottom Line:
Got this bike for less than 2 months now. 268 miles in the first week including a century ride. No complaints. This bike is great and good looking. Very comfortable and responsive. I was looking for stiffness and got it and no regrets. Big improvement on my rides.

Submitted by Bjc1049 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2012

Strengths:    STIFF! Handles great and super high confidence at high speed. Just solid all around. FAST and light!

Weaknesses:    Might be too stiff for those white knucklers, but really doesn't affect me at all. No real complaints

Bottom Line:
Pictures don't do this bike justice. Once you get out in the sun she is sexy! Compliments on every ride. I went from a Specialized Allez expert w/Ultegra and have been able to instantly feel how much stiffness affects the ride. Smooth as glass...granted a rough road seems semi amplified with this bike due to the great stiffness, but well worth it. Once you hit about 20-22 its like auto pilot with those wheels. My Allez at high speed (over 40) was sketchy when you hit cracks, etc...felt like the frame might snap! This just powers throuth it. I am a big boy...6'5" 230 and this is perfect for me. Will get down to 210 soon and will be able to fly! The Oval Concepts handlebars are awesome...have this palm cutout that's super comfy. She is FAST! Like whoa. If your a decent sprinter, this will make you a great one! Dura ace is butter, and there are 0 complaints coming from this guy. Highly recommend it.

Fuji was the last brand on my list of bikes when I was shopping, but when I saw her I knew she was the one. The ride far exceeded my expectations...test rode Tarmac SL4 Ui2 and a few other well known brands and was not impressed...the second I got on this I was super impressed. Game changer.

Favorite Ride:   2012 Fuji SST 1.0