Fuji Bicycles Team RC Road Bike

• Ritchie Pro carbon seat post
  • Selle San Marco Aspide saddle

Submitted by dt850R a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2011

Strengths:    Light (16.5lbs), stiff as hell, smooth, excellent power transfer, excellent handling, super quiet. Shifting, gear ratios, just a joy. C7 frame cause I'm a Rhino.

Weaknesses:    It's early still so I'll just have to go for it and find out the negatives if there are any.

Bottom Line:
Bought my 06' Fuji Team RC used. Finally had to retire my 86' Vitus with Shimano 105. Obviously a huge upgrade. Bike is stiff, fast, smooth, light. 56cm fits me perfect, very comfortable. I like to climb and descend, spin on the flats and generally race whenever someone is up for it. This bike is incredible. Having never owned a high end bike, I now know what a huge difference it makes. Climbing was never this easy or fast. Descents are smooth and confident. Super smooth spinning on flats. And she is so pretty. Like having a hot girlfriend who is rich and an athlete. I can't believe she's mine.

Favorite Ride:   Pt. Reyes Loop

Purchased At:   Craigs

Similar Products Used:   None. Vitus was the pinnacle of the Alu bikes in its time. This is another planet or galaxy in performance.

Bike Setup:   56cm Team RC, Easton Cockpit, Ultegra brakes and derailleurs, Dura Ace everything else. Syntace seat post, Fizik saddle. Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels and Conti GP4K's in Red.

Submitted by T. Fraser a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2010

Strengths:    fast, stiff, lightweight, great components, good wheels.

Weaknesses:    as with any racing bike, it requires constant care and mainenance. It also tends to hold water in the frame after riding in the rain, so I have to remove the seatpost and hang it over the utility sink to drain.

Bottom Line:
This bike is highly underrated -- its just as fast, stiff and responsive as racing bikes with bigger reputations. I bought it at a big discount through my racing team and have never been disappointed. I was picking it up from my mechanic after some routine maintenance and he admitted that he'd taken it for a test ride and was extremely impressed.

Purchased At:   Yojimbo's Garage

Similar Products Used:   Trek Madone, Scott Addict

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace shifters & rear derailler, ultegra front derailler and cassette, FSA cranks, Mavic Ksyriym elite wheels.

Submitted by Sandra Lacer a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2010

Strengths:    light, smooth, rider-friendly

Weaknesses:    white handle wraps, white forks, and 'hard' white seat

Bottom Line:
I am a recreational rider; however, I do enjoy long-distance riding. I wanted a bike, first and foremost, that 'fit' me. Next, I wanted my bike to be light to carry and stow, and to have gear shifters that were easy to operate, quickly accessible, and each gear 'glided/rolled-over' from one to the next. I wanted a smooth ride, and I wanted my bike to be cosmetically appealing both to me and to others. The FUGI Team RL has proven itself in each and all of these areas, and in some instances, exceeded my expectations. With each rotation, my FUGI reaches out, grabs hold, and pulls at the pavement. I can, literally, feel the energy w/each rotation. I'm a petite woman w/small hands: The gear shifters are rider-friendly and glide from one to the next. I can sense/feel the carbon frame absorb the 'bumps' of the road. My complaints are few and are minor--For me, my bike is a little light in the front end: I can feel it lift/slip (a little) in loose gravel (however, once I get to now my new bike better, this, I'm almost certain will not be an issue) and in my humble opinion, the FUGI Team RL (in my humble opinion) could be more cosmetically appealing. The white handle wraps and white forks need to go black (pearl-black would be awesome),. And,I replaced the 'hard' white saddle with a black Terry (incredibly comfortable--highly recommended). My FUGI Team RL whirrr-spers in the wind, and I'm loving the entire experience!

Purchased At:   Performance Bicycle

Submitted by Gonzo 814 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff frame, great value, sharp looking road bike....nice choice of components in the price range.

Weaknesses:    White bar tape! Serat seems a little cheap but light. No complaints otherwise...

Bottom Line:
Just started riding this bike and have enjoyed getting it set up for my likes. It is actually a 2009 closeout model which I got on clearance. Swithed the bars for width and the tape and was ready to go. At 250 pds Im no light weight and spent a good amount of time looking for a stiff carbon frame. After riding the new Fisher Cronus and the Trek Madone 5.2, I couldnt beat the price of the Fuji,not to mention enjoying the standard geometry having come from a Giant compact frame. It was very tight, stiff, and responsice. Seems to really transfer the power through the driver train! The wheels are bomb proof and they help in keeping the bike stiff when climbing those tall hills.

Overall the ride is stiff but compliant and I feel little to no flex in the frame and bottom bracket; think the Madone 5.2 had much more flex under my weight! Carbon feels great and the Ultegra works fine, as do most good groupo's in the price range. I feel I got a great bike and look forward to getting the miles on it. Coming from an aluminum frame, this thing is stiffer and much softer on the road...for that my rear is greatful!

Having sold Fuji's for years back in my college days managing bike shops, they are great bikes and have one hell of a warranty without all the drama!! If you need to warranty one. Lots of Clydsdale riders like this bike!!

Favorite Ride:   Va Beach to Washington DC

Purchased At:   Performance Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Giant TCR One, Lemond Zurich, Jamis Quest (steel), Fisher Cronus.

Bike Setup:   Carbon frame, Ultegra components, Kryserium Elite wheels, Richey Pro bars (replaced), Richey pro stem, Speedplay pedals, Cateye dual wireless computer, carbon bottle holders.

Submitted by AZtriathlonRACER a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2009

Strengths:    Well equipped, stiff for good power transfer, and it handles well on high speed turns.

Weaknesses:    Cane Creek head could be upgraded.

Bottom Line:
Very solid bike. I've been riding this new Fuji Team RC since late May 2008. It notably came equipped with a Dura Ace drivetrain, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, and FSA K-Force lite crank. I've been on several bikes and for the price this is a terrific deal. I placed 43rd on the bike in my last triathlon of the 2008 season so it holds up as a competitive package. If I was going for more speed and stiffness I could have purchased a Cervelo P3, but with the same equipment as the Fuji Team RC, a P3 is more than I want to spend as an amateur athlete.

With regard to how it rates with the Trek Madone 5.5, I'd say that for the price this is a better deal. There may be some differences in the carbon construction, but the stiffness doesn't feel much different to me and the power transfer difference is minimal because I am holding the same speeds at the same effort level for the same duration of time.

I upgraded the tires to Vittoria's.

Favorite Ride:   South Mountain, AZ