Fuji Bicycles Team Super Lite Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria UltraSpeed Integra

Submitted by Eric S a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2007

Strengths:    Light and stiff

Weaknesses:    Somewhat harsh riding but it's built for speed not comfort

Bottom Line:
I got a silver 05 frame and 350 gram stock fork in great shape and built it up with all Ultegra and a Shimano compact crank. It is light stiff and fast and it climbs great. It is also smoother than I expected but certinly not a comfort machine. This is the first bike that I have owned where I am not being held back by the bike, only my own limitations. Couldn't be happier.

Similar Products Used:   Trek 1500 and Pinarello Galileo

Bike Setup:   Ultegra drive and brakes 11-23 cassette
Shimano compact cranks
Easton Orion II wheels

Submitted by Bigchef a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2007

Strengths:    Fast, light, great looking.

Weaknesses:    I replaced the seat. Other than that it is fine.

Bottom Line:
I REALLY like this bike!! It is scary fast, light, and so GOOD LOOKING! Wasn't planning to change from my Cadex CFR1, but the deal on the Fuji was too good. We all know how terrible aluminum rides, right? Figured I'd keep the CFR1 and probably sell the Fuji. No way I'm selling it. It rides great and flies up hills. No problem with rough ride but it is stiffer than the CFR1. Biggest suprise was how responsive the bike is. I expected to feel a difference but it is better than expected. I've heard that Fuji has a poor reputation and do not understand why. Super light, great components, what else is there. I do wish it were an American hand built machine but the fact remains that it is not. This is a great bike and I look forward to riding it for a long time. I always ride by myself so no need to be concerned with taking heat over riding a Fuji. Getcha one. You'll be glad you did,

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere I have time to ride

Purchased At:   Private seller

Similar Products Used:   Sorry - Just older stuff. Carbon Cadex CFR1, Trek 2300, and a beautiful steel Bianchi

Bike Setup:   I replaced the wheels but only because it was part of the deal.

Submitted by tdennis a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2006

Strengths:    Overall Value
Frame comfort and weight
Compact crank

Weaknesses:    Wheels need tweaking frequently
Tires are worthless

Bottom Line:
I wanted to get a lightweight climber for the hills and this bike fit the bill perfectly. I decided to ride about a 1000 miles before writing a review. I have to concur with the previous reviews. The frame and components are great. I was suprised at the comfort of an all aluminum frame but 60 mile rides so far have not been a problem. The bike is stiff for my 168 lb body and does not flex.
The worst part of this bike are the wheels and the tires. The Vittoria lights are basically a race tire only. I got a puncture flat on the front tire and noticed a lot of nicks on both tires. I replaced them pretty quickly. The wheels are supeerlight, but they are going out of true pretty quickly. Fortuneatly, my bike shop is great about trueing up my wheels when I bring my bike in.

Favorite Ride:   Blue Ridge Parkway

Ritchey WCS stem and handlebars
Thomson elite seatpost

Submitted by Lenny a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2006

Strengths:    components, geometry is a great fit for me (5'9" riding a 54cm), cost, weight- my bike without peddles weighs 14.7lbs!!

Weaknesses:    uh, it's a fuji. I can't tell you the heat I took going from Italian styling of a Bianchi to a factory Taiwanese bike!
did have some problems with the AC wheels staying true, but took them to AC and they resolved for free.
Tires were ultralights that wore out in 800miles; but I'm happier to be back on my michelins anyway.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a lighter ride but I was on a serious budget, plus I was riding a silky smooth steel Bianchi, so I was a bit nervous about moving to aluminum. Read reviews online, compared geometries, then spoke to a longtime crit racer who was riding it who could not say enough about it; and finally committed. I couldn't be happier, whether in the flats of FL or weekend trips to mtns of GA, this ride is responsive, aggressive, and yet smooth enough that I have not noticed any significant difference on long rides (60mi+). the upgrade to 10spd was great too, as you can always find the "sweet spot". You will NOT find a better bike under $1100 in your life.

Favorite Ride:   6Gap