Giant TCR Advanced 2 Road Bike

Using lightweight, race-proven Advanced Composite material, Giant engineers created the 2012 TCR Advanced 2 as a single high-performance system.

Submitted by Timothy

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2013

Strengths:    Fast, Stiff where it counts, smooth in corners and on the straights. Looks awesome, Light.

Bottom Line:
Have put a few thousand miles on mine and I am happier with it now then the day I first rode it. Truly the best bike I have ever ridden.

Submitted by Cycling Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2013

Strengths:    Everything is great on this bike. It is very well built, sturdy, fast, smooth, great looking.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a pleasure to ride. When I ride my Giant TCR Advanced 2 I am not sure if I become part of it, or it becomes part of me, but we do become one.
I ride around 20-22 mph and cornering with it is a dream. I have not ridden a better, more comfortable road bike. This bike get 5 stars easily.

Submitted by sperlingjr a Commuter

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2010

Strengths:    Ride comfort
Appearance
Acceleration
handing

Weaknesses:    Well if you crash a carbon bike you may be done.

Bottom Line:
Reving for a 2009. What a tremendous bike! It handles perfect in all respects. minne has the ultegra group set. goes from 15 to 32 mph on the f;ats in the blink of an eye!!!

Favorite Ride:   Joshua Tree National park!!!

Purchased At:   Bike store

Similar Products Used:   Giant OCR
Giant FCR
Specialized

Bike Setup:   TCR 2 XL
ultegra group set
mavic stock wheels (not bad!!)

Submitted by dhchampion a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2009

Strengths:    Weight (even with heavy Shimano RS wheels, 105 group), still under 17 lbs for medium. Stiffness where it counts. Absolutely disappears underneath you.

Weaknesses:    About the only thing (due to riding a Colnago C50) is the lack of road feel. The C50 lets you know every little ripple and pebble through the frame and fork, letting you know if your tires are at the limit of adhesion on high speed corners. Hard to get that type of feel with the Giant.

Bottom Line:
This is for the 2009 TCR Advanced Rabobank, essentially a spiffy Advanced 3 version. This is an incredible machine! I am 210 lbs and wheels (even heavy duty ones) squirm when I stand up to pedal. Not this bike. The frame is sooo stout, I have never felt any flex in the bb. The front end is sooooo ridiculously stiff, I have had to adjust my braking zone on descents because I scrub off so much speed yet stays on line. It absolutely disappears beneath you, making you feel like you are riding nothing. Rabobank paint scheme is absolutely sublime...gets noticed everywhere even among Colnagos and Pinarellos.

Favorite Ride:   Mt. Haleakela (Maui....8000+ ft in 30 miles!!)

Similar Products Used:   Colnago C50, Merckx Majestic, Giant OCR, Cannondale R900, Time VXRS, Ducati 1198

Bike Setup:   All stock (Shimano RS20 wheels with full 105 components)

Submitted by markie5 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2009

Strengths:    climbing, handling. I descend far faster through the turns than on my old bike

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
review is for the 2009 model. I cannot recommend this bike highly enough. handling is great, enormous bottom bracket ensures excellent power transfer, very comfortable for rides over 3 hours.

Favorite Ride:   long bays