Ionic Cycles Nemis S3 Road Bike

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Hand crafted from True Temper S3 Super Steel
  • Features custom butted tubing throughout
  • Features an oversized extra stout downtube
  • Features full oval and oversized chainstays
  • Breezer style dropouts deliver extra stiffness

Submitted by damdave a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2010

Strengths:    Bike is actually pretty sweet, and great price and full custom geometry that I designed myself. Painters at Spectrum are professional and helpful, if the bike ever makes it there. American made - this is good.

Weaknesses:    Customer service - or complete lack thereof- it's only John who doesn't answer or return calls unless threatened. So...threaten him and the bike will get done.

Bottom Line:
Ordered an Ionic S3 from John at Dean in October, promised delivery in early December for $1050+350 fork. Jan and Feb came and went and my wife and friends told me that I'd been had. John only answers phone when he needs your credit card or to reassure you that the bike is "almost done". Needless to say I was frustrated by the chronic misleading messages - I believe that John is a good guy but with a problem giving honest answers. Further he is a pathological truthbender - hard to call him a liar as I enjoyed our conversations, but after enough of the lies it got old. Bike delivered in April after I threatened to cancel order. I had to bring it to a local shop to have a $30 hole drilled and tapped into BB as there was no way to mount the cable guide, and they laughed at John's reply ("we often have people use double sided tape"). John told me now 10 days ago "I am going to the post office today to send some swag"...I am not holding my breath. Unless you're prepared to wait an extra 3-4 months beyond the promised delivery date, buy elsewhere.

Purchased At:   Dean/Wily/Ionic dire

Similar Products Used:   specialized Roubaix, Scandium frame

Bike Setup:   Ultegra 6700, Ksyrium Elite wheels

Submitted by Kraig Thomas a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2009

Strengths:    Lively steel ride, quality.
Made in USA

Weaknesses:    Can take some patience once you order, Just make sure you talk to them about actual delivery time

Bottom Line:
Quality welds and finish. Super smooth rude yet stiff enough for very good power transfer.
The entire bike with pedals is just under 17 lbs which for 58cm steel is great. If your looking for a quality ride and a great price the S3 Nemis is hard to beat.

Purchased At:   Ionic Bikes

Bike Setup:   S3 Nemis
ouzo pro fork
Sram rival
Thomson seat post/stem
FSA handlebar
White Mountain wheelset ( nobuim 30/white industry sapim xray)

Ionic S3 Nemis

So Far so good, night and day from my old Alum. frame. and the bike is a bit lighter based on specs and the ride is very smooth. built up with Sram Rival, 2007 Ouzo Pro Fork, Thomson stem and seat post and FSA handlebar. The wheels are Rol ( not to bad for the budget)Read More »