Jamis Ventura Comp Road Bike

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• FRAME: Kinesis 7005 double-butted aluminum with carbon fiber seat stays, sloping top tube frame design, replaceable derailleur hanger.
  • FORK: Carbon fiber straight blade unicrown with alloy steerer, forged dropouts.
  • HEADSET: Aheadset, internal cup type, alloy, 1 1/8”
  • WHEELSET: Formula XR6 wheelset, 25mm profile rim with CNC sidewalls, 20/24H, 2X front & rear.
  • TIRES: Hutchinson Flash, 700 x 23C.
  • DERAILLEURS: Shimano Tiagra rear, Tiagra 31.8mm band clamp front.
  • SHIFTERS: Shimano Tiagra Dual Control STI, 18-speed
  • WEIGHT: 20.50 lbs

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by iceicebacon a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2009

Strengths:    Good looking, customizable road bike with enough kahones to satisfy all but the most speed crazed riders.

Weaknesses:    The front derailleur is absolute garbage. I'm contemplating taking it off the bike because it restricts several gears no matter how the junk is tuned.

I broke about 6 spokes within the first few months of owning the bike. I thought it was just because I'm a decent sized guy (185) and riding it daily in Michigan winter. It was not. Jamis replaced the wheels with the ones on the Ventura Elite (forget their name). Pretty sweet deal. The bike floats.

Bottom Line:
    I love this bike. Jamis did many things right on it. For starters, they don't cut the steer tube. As a result, the bike can be made a perfect fit for every rider. The top tube is on an incline, making fitting deviant from the traditional method. This shouldn't matter much. Just go to a shop that carries them and have some rides! The components are pretty solid, lots of easton and shimano with a Jamis made composite/carbon front fork. I'm fond of the fork. If I were to upgrade components on the bike it would probably be the last thing I'd bother with.

Submitted by Roachford a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2009

Strengths:    Price - specced up well against the competition.

Design - looks great (mine is white)
    Upgrades well.

Weaknesses:    The wheels........
    upgrade these first - then see how you fly!

Bottom Line:
    I bought this Bike in August last year (2008). First ever road bike and it is really good for an entry level and all rounder!

It is light for an Alu bike and has relatively good components for the cost price.

*I added a pair of Zero Lights after 2 months of riding......... Blimey now it flies!

*If you are getting into cycling like myself, or after a trusty Stead that will last and not break the bank..... buy one.

*Also used it for my first 10 mile TT - it takes a pair of add on aero bars nicely.

*Good bike to play with upgrades as it just helps you get hooked into cycling 'what ever the weather!'

Favorite Ride:   Jamis Ventura Comp 2008

Purchased At:   Buy A Bike - Charnoc

Submitted by grittsm8 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2008

Strengths:    inexpensive for carbon stays and fork
    light
    responsive

Weaknesses:    the stock tires kept popping my tubes.
    EA30 bars, stem and seat post.

Bottom Line:
    I like this bike. My mountain bike was stolen and i needed to get another bike, so i went to my LBS and they had this screeming deal, so i bought it. i love how light it is and responsive.
    there was a manfufactures defect with the stock wheels, the beads popped out and gave me flats.
    for a first road bike, i really enjoy riding this one. its perfect for me at this time, though i would like to upgrade the easton EA30 bars, stem and seat post.

Favorite Ride:   long ride to work

Purchased At:   bicycle bananas