Klein Bicycle Corporation Aura V Road Bike

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Aura compact composite frame. Perfect poise, effortless speed. Bontrager select wheel set. Light, responsive, tough. 105/Tiagra transmission. Intuitive and immediate performance. Frame material: Gradient ZR9000 Alloy with Carbon Wishbone.

Submitted by pmarkham a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2012

Strengths:    I wrote a review for this bike in 2004. It is now 8 years later and this is still one hell of a road bike. Strengths: the frame, headset, wheels. All still original and still rocking.

Weaknesses:    The 105 gears.

Bottom Line:
Last year I upgraded the component set to shimano ultegras. new tires are bontrager R4's. This is one fine road machine and keeps up with the best of them. Still turns heads and climbs roads like a beast. I've ridden this bike in WA, OR, UT, AZ, CA and NM. Great machine. Thanks Klein!

Favorite Ride:   Climbing Continental Divide

Purchased At:   Bike Tech Tacoma WA

Submitted by TROY a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2011

Strengths:    Comfort, speed.

Weaknesses:    Low level components

Bottom Line:
I have had my Klein Auro V since 2004. It was my first road bike and is an incredible frame. After becoming an experienced rider years later, I learned the components were lacking. My Klein is down temporarily due to being hit by a car but will be back up in the future with Campangolo components.

Favorite Ride:   Pensacola to Gulf Shores and back

Submitted by Fenostyle a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2009

Strengths:    Price, sirff frame, compliant forks and stays.Rides smooth for Alu, upgrades took this bike to a new level. And oh, the paint. No bike in the planet has this paint. It is the best finish. And I am a fit and finish freak!

Weaknesses:    Tiagra parts, cheap stem, wheels and setapost. Easily changed.

Bottom Line:
Being a MTB'r, I did not want to put much $$ on a road bike, but still wanted something classy. For the price, I did not complain, and while the Tiagra bits and 105 made it clear this is a value bike, the frame deserved better. A friend sold me a full 7700 DA gruppo and Bonty Race x lite aero wheels, a FSA oversized bar (anatomic) and I got a FSA Carbon team compact crankset. Upgrades-less than $400.00. It is now a fast, precise missile of a bike, and the frame is really stiff. I do not see the need to swap this bike ever, unless it breaks, but the flawless paint-Bodega Black- and upgraded components really upped the ante, and is a bike I comfortably line up with the Colnagos, Kuotas or Williers without feeling outclassed. Sadly, no longer available in America, only in Japan!

Favorite Ride:   Anything coastal

Similar Products Used:   Trek 1200, Cannondale R1000, Turbo Maya, Specialized Roubaix

Bike Setup:   Aura V frame, Full Dura Ace 7700 9sp group, Fizik Airone saddle, FSA Energy handlebars,Bonty carbon race X lite seatpost, Herculite carbon stem, FSA carbon Team Issue compact crankset(50/36)and Bontrager Race X lite Aero wheelset. Shimano 105 pedals, weighs in @ 17.1 lbs.No tour racer, but GOOD!

Submitted by djgonzo a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2005

Strengths:    Everything.

Weaknesses:    Tiagra shifters.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike after getting all fired up about Lance wining his 7th Tour de France. I had no idea I'd get addicted to the sport as I have. I love riding this bike so much I sold my Audi S4 so that I could commute to work on it.

I've owned this bike for a month and a half and just hit 500 miles. I'm now averaging 100 miles a week.

This is my first road bike and it definately felt better than the other bikes I rode when making the purchase.

Purchased At:   Cyco Path (Temecula,

Similar Products Used:   Masi Nuova Strada
Trek 2100
Cannondale R700

Bike Setup:   Stock with Look A3.1 clipless pedals and a Cateye micro wireless computer.

Submitted by p.markham a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2004

Strengths:    Handles like a dream. Solid yet forgiving. Fast. Would be VERY hard to top this bike value wise given the high level quality of Klein frames.

Weaknesses:    Seat post was too hard for me. Got a carbon one - helped a ton. Also switched seats to a Selle Italia aas the stock Vero didn't fit my tail bones well. May upgrade the gearset one day - fine for now.

Bottom Line:
Got this bike to prepare for the Seattle to Portland ride next summer. Best road bike I've ever owned by far. (Have a fine Mt Bike for St Helens rides). Super stiff frame - handles like a dream. Have always wanted a Klein and decided to go for it. Am riding an hour plus each day and loving it. Can't wait for my next ride. 'nuf said.

Favorite Ride:   San Juan Islands, Napa Valley