Kuota Kebel / DA+ Road Bike

4.4/5 (10 Reviews)

This is another performance tuned generation of frames from Kuota that maintains light weight (1.1 kg 12K Carbon weave) high overall stiffness and good durability well enough for the EFBE labs in Germany (efbe.de) to rate the frame, new monocoque fork and seat post as a “TOP PERFORMANCE”. This may be the best performance for the dollar Kuota have ever produced as it also benefits from differential lamination, 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 head tube and fork, Aero profile seat tube and post (available in 0 and 22mm set back) increase the performance value further as a dual fit bike for a dabble in TT or Tri.

Submitted by Luis D

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2012

Strengths:    I walked into the local bike shop considering Pinarello and Willier. Whilst there I was shown the kuota . This shop handles all the big Italian names and for one of the owners, the kuota kom was his favotite. So I took a closer look and had a look at reviews on th web.I have had the bike 8 months. looks wise I can honestly say that I don't envy anything else. Mates have dogmas etc but I don't sit at the coffee shop with any degree of envy. The Kebel is very cool if you understand engineering. Ride wise I love every moment. it reminds me of the Alfa Romeo I had for 10 years. Put simply every rise is a pleasure. This is my third road bike and for the first time I am not considering an upgrade is necessary. As for speed, I estimate I am about 1.5kphr better on average. Great power transfer.

Weaknesses:    I upgraded to SRAM force, I cant work out if I like or hate these gears. Sometimes wonderful, occasionally "what tha?"

Bottom Line:
great bike, buy it

Submitted by PPR KUT a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2010

Strengths:    Light, good looks, great geometry, and not everyone has it.

Weaknesses:    availability of parts, such as the seat tube, and seat adjustments are a bit more difficult

Bottom Line:
I bought my Kuota Kebel when I felt the need to upgrade from my Cannondale R600, which I was fond of. I bought my Kebel from a cyclist after I had done research on other bikes such as Cervelo, Felt, and other big names. Those which I couldn't test ride, I searched for reviews and did my own comparisons based on spec's. Based on this I chose the Kuota, and for the last 2 years I have taken it with me to the mountains in Colorado, the flats of Las Vegas, the hills around North Carolina, and of course on every ride where I live in Savannah. On every ride it has been pure enjoyment. The only thing that is wrong with it at the present time is a cracked handlebar,and is probably due to handling during shipping. This bike has done everything right. It is light, responsive, and came with SRAM Red. For the price I couldn't beat it at the time. The only draw back is the seat tube, is unique to the bike, and its harder to adjust the seat angle than on conventional seat tubes.

Favorite Ride:   Anything with Hills

Purchased At:   From a fellow rider

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo R2.5 & 3, Cannondale six13, Cannondale R600

Bike Setup:   Kuota Handlebar, Fulcrum wheels, SRAM Red Group, Look Keo pedals, SMP seat, Continental tires.

Submitted by kkebel a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2009

Strengths:    Good design and looking, stiffness, weight, aero look and feel, speed, frame geometry, all I need is here.

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
This was my first real road bike, with real road geometry. Before I decided to buy Kuota Kebel, I analyzed what Trek, Focus, Cannondale and others have to offer. Before this bike, I had (and have it now) C'dale Warrior, a hybrid bike. Kebel is just something much better. Design is beautiful and together with good price, it was winning combination. I am very happy with this bike. I ride around 5.000 km per year. I had two falls and bike frame is still fine and without scratch. One with 40 km/h (side fall), and one with 20 km/h (a car hit) - only bike damage - bended rear dropout holder both times, luck.

Favorite Ride:   Zagreb - Samobor and around

Purchased At:   Bike center Ksyrium

Similar Products Used:   C'dale Road Warrior

Bike Setup:   Campagnolo Centaur, Fulcrum 5 wheels, 12-25, 53-39, Keo Look, Kuota alu-carbon wheel, cinelli gel bar tape :-)
Now I have Conti GP4000s, and original setup Vredestein Fortezza Classic (lasted for 6.000 km) - price 2.700 Euro in Croatia with discount.

Submitted by Stephanie down under a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2009

Strengths:    Smaller sizes that work for the ladies, good looks, smooth ride, not too expensive

Weaknesses:    Wide tubes seem less aero than they could be

Bottom Line:
I was the proud purchaser of an Orbea carbon/alloy combo with Campagnolo Chorus groupset at a pretty decent price. But when I went to have the bike set up to fit me, it turned out the frame, specifically the length of the top tube, was too big (I'm 5'3"). I faced the painful choice of how much to spend on a new frame, but in the end decided it was worth spending a bit more to have a frame worthy of the good components I already had.

As someone who has only recently begun to take riding seriously. Prior to this, I thought my Giant CRX4 that I use for commuting was a big step up from the Kmart bikes I grew up riding.

So it probably won't come as a surprise that I love love love this bike. It is my baby. Despite the 'stiffness' described in many of the posts, it is a very smooth ride. And once I got used to the chunkier size of the tubes, I've grown to think she's quite a handsome ride.

Favorite Ride:   Royal National Park

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Bondi Bike Bar (note

Bike Setup:   Campagnolo Chorus groupset, Look Keo pedals, Mavic wheels, Selle Italia diva saddle

Submitted by oompa loompa a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2009

Strengths:    good looks, light

Weaknesses:    to soft

Bottom Line:
bought this frame set off the back of owning a kuota k factor which was a great frame. again this is a good looking bike over sized tubes etc built the frame up with excitment for the first run,what a dissappointment what some people would say is silky smooth comfort i would say like sitting on an elastic band, tope and seat post tube flex is excessive to say the least. stamp on the pedals out of the seat and it goes with no lateral flex from the bottom end great. i personally cant ride a bike for 60 miles standing up though, cornering is sharp and responsive, maybe even a little to sharp which can cause a little twitch on fast snaking corners

Favorite Ride:   majorca