Leopard Cycles DC1 Road Bike

4.96/5 (28 Reviews)

The Leopard DC1 road bike. The former Canadian road champion called it a “cornering cannon”. The DC1 descends on rails and is a top race machine that does very well on rough roads and even dirt trails. Unique chain stay design offers exceptional dampening for such a stiff bike. Tube-to-tube construction Tapered head tube and steerer Frame weight: 870 gms (54cm top tube) 5 star stiffness and 4.5 star comfort 12K weave finish.

Leopard Cycles DC1 Pro Review

We tested the DC1 model which is an aggressive frame that shaves off the grams but not the performance. At 870 grams, this one was very light while sporting big tubes. The build looked first rate as we couldn’t find any imperfections in construction at all. The frame as unpainted and the carbon weave was there for all to see. We started pedaling and it was a hoot. Acceleration was dynamic and alive. Continue reading →

Submitted by Joe a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2014

Strengths:    Fantastic bike. Its quick, its stiff, it accelerates well, corners well, truly a fun bike to behold.

Weaknesses:    Once you ride one you are sucked in and don't want to ride other less capable bikes.

Bottom Line:
My DC1 is less than a year old and has over 8,000 miles on it, I love/ride the hell out of it.

The company has great customer service and are there for you.

Submitted by John Tsamasfyros a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2014

Strengths:    Stiff, light, smooth and affordable. Custom colors

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best and fastest bike I have ever ridden. The bike corners perfectly and accelerates from the pack with ease. I've ridden multiple centuries in comfort as well as road races and crits. The frame is very light which enabled me to build a light bike without paying for high end parts. The bike is bomb proof and very easy to maintain and fix if needed.

Purchased At:   Cyclepath

Similar Products Used:   Wilier Le Roi, Marin Stelvio, Specialized SL3

Bike Setup:   DC1 campy chorus, enve 45 clinchers

Submitted by Trevor

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2013

Strengths:    Very stiff laterally, but comfortable and compliant ride.
Accelerates like a rocket
Lightweight and agile
Floats up climbs
Accurate and precise handling characteristics. Very confidence inspiring in crit corners and a range of descents.

Weaknesses:    For what you are buying this frame for, it has no weaknesses. The geometry is aggressive, but it is designed to be fast and have sharp handling. I recommend an M1SL from Leopard if you need a slightly less aggressive geometry, but still want a stiff and phenomenal bike.

Bottom Line:
Awesome all around bike. Very stiff laterally, but maintains a comfortable and compliant ride. This bike accelerates like a rocket and floats up the climbs. Abandoned my S-Works SL3 tarmac after riding the DC1. The handling of the DC1 is second to none. I am generally a moderately cautious descender while outside of races, but this frame makes me want to push it during training as well as racing. I have about 10k miles on the frame since Nov '12 and absolutely love the thing. No issues and the bike continues to be rock solid.

Submitted by Joshua Carling

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2013

Strengths:    super stable front end, stiff bottom bracket, great power transfer, very responsive while climbing. This bike is built for racing.

Weaknesses:    Bike is built for racing must be happy with aggressive position.

Bottom Line:
owner of the company deals with you directly and is a wonderful guy that will help you whenever he can.

Submitted by Chuck Hutcheson

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2013

Strengths:    Has remained stiff despite many 400 mile weeks, foul weather and a crash.

Weaknesses:    I wish I had gotten a different color. White just doesn't work for me. Next time!

Bottom Line:
Well, now that I have had my DC1 for six months, I feel I can write a review from experience. I have had many race seasons where bikes were provided for me, and this has been my first that I had to procure one myself - so naturally I wanted a bike that can withstand the abuse of training, possibly crashing, and still hold stiff and responsive enough to compete in the domestic 1,Pro peleton. The DC1 has carried me through (thank God!). I train on many dirt and gravel roads and the DC1 has remained stiff - I wish I could say the same about my wheels! Here is a photo of the first race I used my DC1 in, this is the final sprint between myself and current US Pro National Champion in Fast Freddy Rodriguez in late February: http://someoneisalwaysfaster.tumblr.com/post/44011899823/inch-by-inch-fast-freddy-nipped-by-charles