Litespeed L1 Road Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Loaded with industry-leading frame and material knowledge, the Litespeed L1 is ready to perform right out of the box. The top of the line Shimano Dura-Ace - FSA component mix combines with Litespeed's premier process technology and historic ride-tuning to create a finely tuned, all-around racer. It took four years to nail the L1's multiple asymmetric and shape-specific design using Litespeed's own Continuous Cross-Sectional Morphology and incorporate state-of-the-art features including BB 386 bottom bracket, 1.125" x 1.5" tapered steerer fork, and Zero-Stack headset system. Litespeed's Quadrilateral System manages simultaneous torsional-frontal and lateral-load input from both road and rider, while asymmetric down tube/seat tube junction allows for efficient drivetrain energy transfer. Recently granted UCI- approval, the L1 is proof that you shouldn't rush perfection. Component Features -30T carbon fiber -Shimano Dura Ace drivetrain -FSA SL-K Light crankset -Zipp Service Course SL bar/stem -Fulcrum Racing 3 wheelset -Fizik Arione saddle

Submitted by litespeed ti

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth ride

Weaknesses:    Awful dark black color

Bottom Line:
I'm reviewing just the 2012 L1 frameset, not the entire assembled bike...The frameset is a really dark carbon black color, not pretty at all, but I think that's why I got such a discounted deal on it. After putting it together using parts from older bikes, I found the bike is a much smoother ride than my quite stiff '05 Ultimate, and at a much lower price. I'm very satisfied, and my butt is better off.
The BB is the FSA 386 EVO with adapters for an Ultegra compact crank, driving a SRAM 11-28 tooth 9-speed, with Cane Creek wheels. Those wheels aren't the latest fashion, but they work and didn't cost much.

Submitted by Lance

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2012

Strengths:    Components on bike for the price I paid.
Reasonably light bike

Weaknesses:    None so far as I have only ridden it once.

Bottom Line:
I will start out by saying I purchased this bike for 50% off MSRP, which to me is a steal for the components on this bike. My bike with 105 pedals and my water bottle cage weighs in at 16lbs 11oz, This bike accelerates faster then any bike I have ever ridden and is very stiff thru the bottom bracket, no flex that I can notice. Very smooth ride although that maybe unfair statement as the roads I ride on are in good shape. My only concern might be the quality of the frame, which only time will tell. The frame is not flashy it is your typical matt black carbon frame . I find the hoods on the DA7900 shifters to be comfortable for my hands and shifting is smooth and light. This bike is a road rocket compared to my last bike which was a Lemond Versailles. My first ride was a short 25km ride and I averaged 34.8kmh which I was extremely happy with. If you can get this bike for the price I paid I don't think you can go wrong.