Litespeed T5 Road Bike

Price Range: $3,550 - $5,150

The T5 uses Gran Fondo geometry (taller stack than the T1SL and T2) to give riders the perfect frame for long days in the saddle. Just like the race inspired T1SL and T2, the T5 frame utilizes a 44 mm head tube in order to take advantage of the latest in tapered-steerer fork technology. The 3AL/2.5V titanium alloy frame uses an oversized bi-axial ovalized downtube is used to help minimize weight and maximize performance and frame stiffness. Framesets retail for $2,475 with Litespeed fork and Cane Creek headset.

Submitted by miner81 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Strengths:    The ride! I rode a Felt Z-1 for 10 years. My LBS started carrying the Lightspeed line and the owner convinced me that I would love this bike. He was right. Such a smooth ride. I am a big guy 6'2" 235lbs. I put a lot of torque on my bikes. While I do feel a bit of flex compared to my carbon Felt it is not enough to be bothersome. The bike climbs really well. The T-5 smooths out many of the bumps that you would feel on a carbon bike. I just love the ride.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love this bike. Has such a nice ride. Interestingly, the T-5 weighs about the same as my Felt Z-1. Both are outstanding bikes. But the ride of the T-5 is just smoother. If your a big guy titanium is an excellent choice for a bike frame.

Favorite Ride:   Oxnard to Lake Casitas and back, 50 miles

Purchased At:   H & S Bikes Burbank,

Similar Products Used:   Felt Z-1

Bike Setup:   Lightspeed T-5 frame, Dura Ace 9100, Zipp Course 30 Wheelset, Enve seatpost, Cobb Randee saddle, 3-T aluminum handle bars, Zipp stem, and Continental 4000II tires. New Dura Ace is unbelievable.. You don't need electric shifting with this gruppo. Also, I did not option for the disc brakes.

Submitted by Joe Martin

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2017

Strengths:    Stiffness on the course
Comfort on the long haul

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I was searching for my next N+1 and was looking for a machine I could pop into a carrier for air travel without worrying about the damage I have seen to some carbon fiber models at the hands of the airline's baggage handlers. The titanium T-5 was the perfect answer for me. It's stiff enough to be taken along for my races, yet rides comfortably so I can bring it along on my multi-day tours. The fact that the eye catching titanium and classic decals brings folks around for a look doesn't hurt at all, either. Take one out for a hard ride and put it away wet. It won't mind!

Submitted by WilkaKeeper a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2014

Strengths:    The 2015 T5 is stiff in all the right directions, shaped tubes, large PF 30 BB, the steer tube and tapered fork lock down the front end like Gibraltar. This frame wants to jump up hill out of the saddle. That said, it can be raced but is not a race bike. Longer wheelbase & higher stack provide great stability, tracks well, and corners on a rail. This will be the ideal bike for anything from a hard competitive group ride to a century and beyond. A frame to be confident on that also can accept up to a 28 mm tire. Plus, with all the carbon bikes out there, modern Ti steel frames are cool.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
45 miles hard yesterday with serious climbing and I felt like I just swam a mile when finished. That smooth. Plus I put an extra MPH on my average over prior efforts on the same course.