Litespeed Tuscany 105 Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino Pro

Submitted by Lauras a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2013

Strengths:    Strong, stiff, smooth, euro geometry perfect for riders with long inseam and shorter torso

Weaknesses:    none, but I don't care for the stickers. Next year I will strip them off, have it sandblasted and have litespeed tuscany frosted in on down and top tubes instead. The bottle cage holes on down tube are too low.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a Ti bike, after scratching up my carbon frame over few years of in and out of car, with gear and luggage. I wanted a travel and day-to-day bike that could take some abuse (things happen). I picked up a 2001 frame from Pro's Closet via ebay for $600 shipped - what a steal! Did some research about geometry, and it, as well as the materiel was my reason for choosing. I am 6'3", with 37 inseam. Very short torso, long legs and arms. My inseam is almost half of my height! The frame size is 61, TT is 58 which is what I needed without going super short stem or I feel stretched out and for me then power output suffers. Looking at other 61 frames, like Cervelo or Tarmac they come with TT of 60. I liked the geometry.
Frame is light, you can build a sub 17lbs bike with this frame even in size 61, mine is just a tad over 18 with pedals. I build this up with Ritchey hi-mod carbon fork, specialized pave seatpost and romin saddle, easton ea70 wheels with a set of gatorskins, dura ace 7900 crank, cassette and chain, 3T ergonova aluminum bars, Apex shifters, FD and brakes, Force RD, Sram cable set and supercork wrap. I also used adjustable 120mm specialized stem.
When it comes to the whole sramano thing - sure, its a monster. I carefully chose each component at its face value by trial and error, for example Apex shifters and FD work perfect, didnt need anything better. What didnt work, got swapped to something that did. Hours spent on tweaks, adjustments to dial in right. My top priority was comfort, fit and mechanical tuning to perfection and I feel really good where it ended up.
Frame is awesome. I am 182lbs, barely any flex when stomping on climbs or sprinting (comparing to my supersix which is super stiff). Bowed seat stays take the buzz out of rough roads really well. Easy to clean, dont need to worry about leaning it against stuff, road gravel, luggage and etc. 60mi+ rides feel much better than on my previous tarmac SL2.
I would recommend it to anyone - rain bike, primary bike, race bike - it can do it all. You can have a nice Ti without paying a premium now if you take the time to find and build up.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Tarmac SL2, SuperSix

Bike Setup:   2012 SuperSix with Ultegra 6700 and American Classic Aero 420 3's

Submitted by alexhammonduk a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2008

Strengths:    Light, forgiving and very responsive!!

Weaknesses:    Stickers, a little too large (although i had litespeed make them in a diffent color to match the rest of the bike)

A little concerned about the integrated deralier hanger - will have to see how it plays out...

Bottom Line:
Spent a long time looking for my dream bike and was set on the new Trek Madone, However I happened to make the misstate of spending a little too much time in a bike shop and came away with the litespeed frame.

With just the frame and forks i decided to build my dream bike from scratch and have it custom built.

A while later and twice over budget I have been riding this bike at every opportunity.
Fantastic ride and definitely worth the money when you see the craftsmanship.

I looked at the Vortex, but preferred the more classic look of the Tuscany, this will be a frame for life.

This bike is able to wear many hats from triathlons to recreational riders, with a little tweaking of the setup it a bike for all occasions.

Don't hesitate spend a little more and ditch the carbon, you wont be disappointed.

Favorite Ride:   Anything without pot holes

Purchased At:   Bicyle Works, Bermud

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale R1000 & R 600

Bike Setup:   Roval, Echappee Wheels
Sram Rival Group set
Ritchey carbon seatpost and stem
Specialized carbon toupe saddle and bars
Time RXS peddles
Specialized pro tyres and carbon cages

Submitted by the boss a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2006

Strengths:    lite, compared to my old steel frame,stiff in the front triangle and forgiving on the back.

Weaknesses:    stickers

Bottom Line:
This bike was a bigger surprise than expected. Being the right fit for me probably has a lot to do with the dream ride that i'm experiencing. Iv'e gone from a steel univega frame to this Titanuim one and the ride is just magical. The aggressive angles on this frame carves the corners nicely.

Favorite Ride:   the back roads that lead to nowhere

Purchased At:   colorado cyclist.com

Similar Products Used:   Univega molare steel frame road bike

Bike Setup:   All Camby Daytona, Easton fork and seat post,Campy proton wheel set.

Submitted by gpcup a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2004

Strengths:    Light weight and responsive. The frame totally soaks up the vibration. Great design and solid construction.

Weaknesses:    Stock seat a real pain (literally). Customer service at Litespeed is light years behind their craftsmanship.

Bottom Line:
Absolutely love my bike. Given my size and weight, 6'4" 205 lbs, I wanted a full frame, light weight bike that could handle the load and not wear me down after 100 miles and respond flawlessly on any surface at 30+mph.
I am amazed at what I get out of my sub 19 lb. bike. I ride this bike 180+ mi./week and usually do one 40+ mi. stretch up and down the Salt Lake Valley and when the ride ends, I always look forward to the next ride.

Favorite Ride:   Any day on my bike is a favortie ride

Purchased At:   Contender in SLC, UT