Lynskey Performance Designs Peloton Road Bike

4.92/5 (13 Reviews)

The Peloton’s slightly relaxed geometry, longer top tube and taller head tube is made for riders who prefer to stretch out a bit and relax aboard their sleek titanium steed. An ample wheelbase is provided and the frame/fork combo easily handle tires up to 28c for smooth rolling a wide variety of terrain.

• Certified Aerospace Grade 3Al/2.5V straight gauge titanium tubing
  • Durable Industrial Mill finish
  • Easily accommodates up to 700x28c tires
  • Wright-style dropouts for 9mm QR axles
  • Bosses for two water bottle cages
  • Accepts 1-1/8"" fork steerer tubes
  • 68mm bottom bracket, English threading

Submitted by Allard a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2015

Strengths:    Very good quality for the price paid. Very well built: nice weldings and workmanship. Pretty lightweight as well. The Peloton does have the right geometry for a more relaxed position (relative long headtube).

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I bought this frame very recently to build a kind of "back-up" bike next to my R230, which I bought in spring 2012. Since I'm still very excited about the quality and performance of the R230, I decided to stay with the craftmanship of Lynskey. I do have to build the Peloton (right now I'm in the stage of choosing/buying the components), so at this moment I can't compare the performance and characteristics of the Peloton versus my R230. Being a retired "senior citizen" I guess the geometry of the Peloton will just be the right thing for me, so I'm already looking forward to ride it in the near future. Both bikes will alternately travel with me when I do my spring-, summer and autumn-rides in mainly the French mountain regions. Since the R230 has proven to be a very good bike for climbing, I expect the Peloton will do the job as well.

Favorite Ride:   French mountains

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Lynskey R230.

Bike Setup:   To be build: Campy Chorus 2015 mechanical groupset (compact drivetrain), Ritchey WCS components, DT Swiss Tricon wheels with tubeless tyres.

Submitted by John P

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2014

Bottom Line:
You guys sure do make a nice bike and really pull out all the stops and finishing touches.

Submitted by MarkH a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2014

Strengths:    Great craftsmanship on an American made frame. Titanium is arguably the best frame material and Lynskey is one of the best at their craft of building a work of art. It has a ride similar to my old steel frame but it feels like it transfers power better and yet it is smoother at the same time if that's possible. Very comfortable on rides up to a metric century which is all I've worked my way up to so far. I think this frame could be used by just about anyone as it is very versatile.

Weaknesses:    None I've experienced.

Bottom Line:
I've had the bike about three months and put about 800 miles on it so far. It has gotten me excited again about bicycling after several years with too many other things to do. I hadn't really thought about Titanium until a friend mentioned that I should look into bikes made with it. I am so happy I did. I wanted something of substance that would last a long time so I ruled out carbon bikes even though that seems to be the rage. I got it with the SRAM Rival 22 group set which I would recommend for anyone not wanting to break the bank but yet still get a top performer. I've gotten several positive comments from others on rides including my favorite from a young racer-type who rode by slowly and just said "Lynnnnnskey" in a low voice.

Favorite Ride:   Trails in Ohio

Purchased At:   Adrenaline Bikes

Bike Setup:   Peloton with SRAM Rival 22 group set, 50/34 crank and 11-32 cogs. Deda Zero100 handlebars and stem.

Submitted by David Canns

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2014

Strengths:    Relaxed geometry with high quality welds. Lightweight and supremely comfortable with responsive handling over the worst British roads can throw at it. This bike feels like a magic carpet compared to my 8 year old carbon bike (made by another American company).

Bottom Line:
This is a brilliant frame that has resulted in a brilliant bike! Self-build (working with a £2k budget)using Peleton frame with 11 speed Ultegra, running on Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels sourced from various internet emporiums. Chose Lynskey after deciding that I wanted to go with a titanium bike - a bike for life. Found Lynskey comparison videos on youtube very helpful.
This bike rides like a dream and climbs effortlessly. Totally satisfied - Lynskey say: you get a buttery smooth ride and they are damn right! Recommended. Day off tomorrow and I'm out for a five hour ride...

Submitted by Glenn Padrid

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2014

Strengths:    Very comfortable. Handles well.

Weaknesses:    Can be a liitle bit stiffer.

Bottom Line:
I'm just your typical weeked rider. I love bikes and have gone through quite a few. This is my first Ti bike and I'm glad I went for Lynskey. Quality bikes and great customer service regardless if I purchased it from one of their dealers Michael Ledford made sure I was happy with my purchase. This is the most comfortable bike I have owned so far--- its a keeper. I'm already looking to sell my Pinarello to get the R230 as my next Lynskey.