Lynskey Performance Designs R350 Road Bike

4.93/5 (30 Reviews)

The R350 possesses the stiffness and durability to withstand the rigors of competition and aggressive club riding on any road, at any level. Its over-sized force-specific shaped downtube boosts bottom bracket stiffness, assuring a solid ride. The cold-worked, diamond shaped top and down tubes guarantee a stable front end and no high speed wobbles. Helix-shaped seatstays resist vertical forces making sprinting and climbing a challenge you’ll welcome for years to come.

What's new for 2014? Glad you asked. The logical evolutionary upgrade of a tapered/integrated headtube and PF30 BB means a substantial increase in performance, stability and efficient power transfer, all of which should bring enhanced confidence when you are ready to step on it or descend at mach speeds.

So if you’re searching for that magical balance between pedal-pounding performance and long haul coziness, the 2014 R350 is a perfect match.

Submitted by Mike a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2015

Strengths:    The stiffness and ride quality of the R360 is incredible. I can't get over how well this bike handles descents at high speeds. Very rock solid. I now realize how much more energy I was wasting on my previous carbon bike. The Ultegra group set shifts smoothly and glad it came with an 11/32 cassette for long climbs.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I highly recommend this bike for someone looking for a really fast, stiff bike. Its my first Ti bike and now understand what others have been raving about for years. The folks at Lynskey were really great to work with and even planned the delivery around my vacation so I wouldn't miss the UPS truck.

Submitted by Herb

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2014

Strengths:    I've had a highend carbon bike before, and the R350 out performs in responsiveness and feel. It's hard to explain how titanium does what it does for a bike frame. Get one and find out for yourself.

Weaknesses:    Still have to pedal to go up hill. :)

Bottom Line:
Great people at Lynskey. They really care about customer service, and have been a pleasure to work with.

Submitted by Coy Tinsley

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2014

Strengths:    Smooth and responsive ride
Tapered head tube
Pressfit 30 BB

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
Great bike! Will enjoy it for years to come! Awesome customer service and quick delivery!

Submitted by Todd Rhodes

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort,Performance,Quality, Looks,Warranty

Weaknesses:    none so for

Bottom Line:
Only rode it a few time but can really notice a big differance in ride quality "very smooth and responsive" compared to the LaPierre carbon Frame I replaced. The Lynskey 350 is a pleasure to ride so for. Also the Trade in program that Lynskey provides made it possible for me to own a dream bike :-)

Similar Products Used:   LaPierre xelius 9000 carbon

Submitted by Charlie T a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2013

Strengths:    Superb ride quality; well finished frame and welds

Weaknesses:    None found yet. Some complain about decals, but a non-issue for me.

Bottom Line:
WIthout getting deep into the items already covered by others, I'll keep it somewhat simple. I was coming off an 11 year old Trek aluminum frame and wanted a road bike that was racey, yet compliant, was not as corrosive as steel and was not carbon. I wanted something different and not see as readily in my area - and there are A LOT of riders in my area. It needed to be fast but with a ride-all-day feel. This is it.

I bought the bike complete from LPD via my LBS. My preferred mechanic here put it together. I was somewhat budget aware and bought Lynskey's 105 option with Easton fork and R500 wheels. Don't be too quick to judge, folks. The 105 has been stellar ( only 0.5 lb delta from Ultegra) and as good or better then my previous Ultegra group. The Easton fork is just right for my style of riding. The wheels - perfect for training and I will ride them until the piss me off and then something lighter and quicker will come into the picture.

All that said and understood, this bike is just what the doc ordered. It's super responsive and I feel no flex when standing to jam - and I weigh 185 pounds. The frame/fork combo make road chatter nearly disappear. I find myself bracing for some small obstacles and the ti frame just soaks it up. Love it.

This frame is hard to come by and may be offered again when Lynskey decides to make another run. When they do - know you can buy and ride with confidence. Note - price below is complete build. Bike weight w/o pedals was 17.5 or so.

Favorite Ride:   Rolling hills and a good weather day