Lynskey Performance Designs R350 Road Bike

4.93/5 (29 Reviews)

The R350 possesses the stiffness and durability to withstand the rigors of competition and aggressive club riding on any road, at any level. Its over-sized force-specific shaped downtube boosts bottom bracket stiffness, assuring a solid ride. The cold-worked, diamond shaped top and down tubes guarantee a stable front end and no high speed wobbles. Helix-shaped seatstays resist vertical forces making sprinting and climbing a challenge you’ll welcome for years to come.

What's new for 2014? Glad you asked. The logical evolutionary upgrade of a tapered/integrated headtube and PF30 BB means a substantial increase in performance, stability and efficient power transfer, all of which should bring enhanced confidence when you are ready to step on it or descend at mach speeds.

So if you’re searching for that magical balance between pedal-pounding performance and long haul coziness, the 2014 R350 is a perfect match.

Submitted by Herb

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2014

Strengths:    I've had a highend carbon bike before, and the R350 out performs in responsiveness and feel. It's hard to explain how titanium does what it does for a bike frame. Get one and find out for yourself.

Weaknesses:    Still have to pedal to go up hill. :)

Bottom Line:
Great people at Lynskey. They really care about customer service, and have been a pleasure to work with.

Submitted by Coy Tinsley

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2014

Strengths:    Smooth and responsive ride
Tapered head tube
Pressfit 30 BB

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
Great bike! Will enjoy it for years to come! Awesome customer service and quick delivery!

Submitted by Todd Rhodes

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort,Performance,Quality, Looks,Warranty

Weaknesses:    none so for

Bottom Line:
Only rode it a few time but can really notice a big differance in ride quality "very smooth and responsive" compared to the LaPierre carbon Frame I replaced. The Lynskey 350 is a pleasure to ride so for. Also the Trade in program that Lynskey provides made it possible for me to own a dream bike :-)

Similar Products Used:   LaPierre xelius 9000 carbon

Submitted by Charlie T a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2013

Strengths:    Superb ride quality; well finished frame and welds

Weaknesses:    None found yet. Some complain about decals, but a non-issue for me.

Bottom Line:
WIthout getting deep into the items already covered by others, I'll keep it somewhat simple. I was coming off an 11 year old Trek aluminum frame and wanted a road bike that was racey, yet compliant, was not as corrosive as steel and was not carbon. I wanted something different and not see as readily in my area - and there are A LOT of riders in my area. It needed to be fast but with a ride-all-day feel. This is it.

I bought the bike complete from LPD via my LBS. My preferred mechanic here put it together. I was somewhat budget aware and bought Lynskey's 105 option with Easton fork and R500 wheels. Don't be too quick to judge, folks. The 105 has been stellar ( only 0.5 lb delta from Ultegra) and as good or better then my previous Ultegra group. The Easton fork is just right for my style of riding. The wheels - perfect for training and I will ride them until the piss me off and then something lighter and quicker will come into the picture.

All that said and understood, this bike is just what the doc ordered. It's super responsive and I feel no flex when standing to jam - and I weigh 185 pounds. The frame/fork combo make road chatter nearly disappear. I find myself bracing for some small obstacles and the ti frame just soaks it up. Love it.

This frame is hard to come by and may be offered again when Lynskey decides to make another run. When they do - know you can buy and ride with confidence. Note - price below is complete build. Bike weight w/o pedals was 17.5 or so.

Favorite Ride:   Rolling hills and a good weather day

Purchased At:   Race Pace - Columbia

Similar Products Used:   Trek 2300
Trek Madone

Bike Setup:   FSA cockpit, Shimano 105, R500 wheel set

Submitted by Michal Krodkiewski a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2013

Strengths:    Looks, comfort, durability, performance

Weaknesses:    None that I have encountered.

Bottom Line:
In short – the R340 is an awesome bike.

Andy and Nick at BikePro [Melbourne, AUS] built it up for me at the start of the year. I came from spending a few years on a Cervelo S2. My riding program consists mainly of medium distance fast riding most of which is done with a team. When I was looking at a new bike, I wanted a frame that was race-able but also something I would not be looking to dispose of within 2-3 years. I find that with carbon - cracking and failures aside - I am always chasing innovation and the 'next big thing' and feel compelled to change over and upgrade regularly. One of the beautiful things of titanium is that whilst it has sophisticated butting and tube manipulation, at its core it is still a 'classic' road bike with conventional tube junctions, traditional headset/BB/seatpost standards and a timeless silhouette without ridiculous tube and junction shaping. The traditional standards also enable you to build the bike up exactly as you like without having to resort to proprietary items. The bike becomes personal.

First impressions of the bike were immediately positive. Titanium tends to 'glide' along the road and provides an incredible ride quality. However when pushed hard initially I had a few reservations as to its out-and-out high level performance.

This is where the differences between titanium and high-end ultra-stiff carbon frames gets magnified: after coming off a stiff carbon frame a rider needs to ‘learn’ how to get the most out of titanium. This is what I have discovered:

The biggest factor here is titanium really rewards a perfect pedal stroke. On the S2 or any ultra-rigid carbon frame - your technique can be a little messy as all the energy ends up at the back wheel anyway. This is not quite the case on the R340 – but when you dial it in just right, balance the power between your legs and focus on the sweep and the upstroke as well as the downstroke, the rewards are magnificent. This is because there is a bit of ‘sway’ in the BB and not quite as much torsional resistance so any lateral imbalance is really highlighted. But when you dial it in – the ability to hold speed whilst still ‘gliding’ is fantastic.

Cadence is paramount. This is related to the previous point. Really pushing a big gear does not work. I used to push big gears on the Cervelo and when I needed to go faster or accelerate, I’d push harder. This does not work on the R340. However – by increasing cadence and spinning more – as you need to do to maintain perfect pedal stroke – this issue all but disappears. I find myself in the saddle more both during climbs and fast riding, and due to the combo of revised riding style and the inherent comfort of the Ti frame I feel a lot better at the end of the ride. Looking at Strava – this frame does not hold me back in terms of overall performance – but gives me a bike that’s damn enjoyable to ride, provides a point of difference to all the cookie-cutter bikes out there, no stress with durability and leaves me feeling fresh.

Whether it's doing the fast Beach Road rides or attacking the dead, undulating roads around the Peninsula this bike can handle it all.

Andy was great to talk to and provides very good and honest advice as well as a comprehensive fit service. Nick takes time and pride in building up the bike. From perfectly tuning in a SRAM groupset down to immaculate bar tape wrapping, all details are considered and executed.

Favorite Ride:   TKM FULL NOIZE